Moparts

What paint to use on floors that will hold up?

Posted By: torredcuda

What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 01:49 AM

I`m welding in new floors on the Duster and want to paint them with something that will hold up to the wear with no rugs.I will probably coat with a rust sealer paint like RustBullet and then top coat.Will any of the rust sealers hold up without topcoating,which one is best and what type topcoat if I need one?Anyone use a roll on bedliner?
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 01:55 AM

Quote:

I`m welding in new floors on the Duster and want to paint them with something that will hold up to the wear with no rugs.I will probably coat with a rust sealer paint like RustBullet and then top coat.Will any of the rust sealers hold up without topcoating,which one is best and what type topcoat if I need one?Anyone use a roll on bedliner?

+
Either PRO-15 or Epoxy primer is what I;d suggest.

if the metal is clean use the epoxy - its very strong.

If there is surface rust the POR - 15
Posted By: 1E2C

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 07:23 AM

The ONLY one guaranteed to never come off is the stuff you accidentally spill where you didn't want it.
Mike
Posted By: torredcuda

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 11:44 AM

I don`t know why my post got moved as the Duster IS a race car but nbg.Anybody have any other suggestions for what you are painting the floors of your RACE cars with(no rugs)?
Posted By: 79powerwagon

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 12:09 PM

The urethane coatings are great for durability and adhesion, but they are affected by UV, thus the need to top coat with something else.

Me? I'd just go with a regular auto paint. Pick-up trucks have done this for decades, and the only time they scratch off is when you drag something heavy across them.

Just paint it.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 12:37 PM

I've used the duplicolor spray on bedliner. Leaves a very nice looking finish and is decently durable. They also sell it as a roll-on in a one gallon can and sell a kit that comes with a special textured roller to help give it that look.
Posted By: AdamR

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 01:13 PM

I would spray it with some DP40 if ts bare metal
Posted By: rbstroker

Re: What paint to use on floors that will hold up? - 11/27/08 02:12 PM

On my race car, I brushed on rust-o-leum damp proof red primer for rusty metal. After it dried for a week, I topcoated with rust-o-leum black. Looks good. Super durable and cheap.
© 2024 Moparts Forums