Moparts

Mopar Hi Rev ECU - Anybody Use it?

Posted By: rtman

Mopar Hi Rev ECU - Anybody Use it? - 03/12/13 03:01 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Hi-Rev-ECU...052&vxp=mtr

Rick Ehrenberg special. Anybody using it? Thanks.

"Here's a hi-performance hot-spark hi-rev-capable (min. 7500 RPM certified) ignition ECU control box for all '72-'80 Mopar cars and trucks - Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler - with OEM electronic ignition Also fits all earlier Mopars that have been retrofitted with the factory system (using stock-type coil and ballast resistor). Replaces all 4-pin and 5-pin ECUs with NO modifications, plug and play. Works with 4-pin or 5-pin ballast resistors, again with NO modification. Made by an original Mopar / Chrysler vendor, but with latest super-reliable all-silicon SMD technology. Comparable to the MP "chrome box", better than "orange box", yet it looks very similar to the OEM stock unit, for that "stealth" appearance!"
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Mopar Hi Rev ECU - Anybody Use it? - 03/12/13 04:20 PM

I did... after get my Rev-N-Nator, is my trunk spare unit

IMHO nothing really fancy, pretty much decent. Great for the price thought!!!!! I used it for maybe couple of months.

Revs up nice, but Chromed MP and FBO box started up faster ( for the short time they worked ). Didn't fail a beat.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Mopar Hi Rev ECU - Anybody Use it? - 03/12/13 11:11 PM

I have one on mine. No issues to report with it. I think I switched out heads and intake when I added it, so can't really say how it performs compared to an orange box.
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: Mopar Hi Rev ECU - Anybody Use it? - 03/13/13 12:18 AM

I wonder if you cut open a new Standard brand ECU if it has modern innards too. Look at the pre 70 voltage regulators they sell with modern chip technology, and you can get those at autozone.
© 2024 Moparts Forums