Moparts

valve body shift kits applications/modifications

Posted By: hemi68charger

valve body shift kits applications/modifications - 03/11/13 05:30 PM

Hello All,
Was curious on the complexity/difficult(ness) of performing the modifications of a 727 valve body with a, for example, TransGo TF-1 kit. I'm looking to tackle something like this on a stock 727 valve body. Any videos out there? From the looks of it, the kits are very simple with minimal parts..

Thanks.
Posted By: Hemi ragtop

Re: valve body shift kits applications/modifications - 03/11/13 10:38 PM

Although it looks simple, the best kits can be very complex. The best kits require drilling holes in parts etc. I had enough problems, even having the trans builders do the work, with kits that I finally added it up. You are money ahead to call Turbo Action, ask for thier manual/auto valve body and install the whole thing! Believe me, they have done thier homework and it results in the best shifting 727 I have ever owned. From your screen name, it sounds like you have a very nice and expensive car. A "trans kit" caused me to have to pull and replace a 727 after the car was together, painted etc. Do you really want to know the cost of a "kit" vs. a valve body?
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: valve body shift kits applications/modifications - 03/11/13 11:43 PM

If you have reasonable mechanical skills and can read, you can install the Transgo kit...unfortunately their instructions are less intuitive than they were years ago.

I would choose a reprogramming kit over a valve body because the kit deals with the valve body and the case whereas most valve bodies don't address the shortcomings in the servos.
© 2024 Moparts Forums