Moparts

Trunk extentions

Posted By: 300_dup5

Trunk extentions - 02/26/13 11:25 PM

Hi I,m installing a new AMD trunk pan and extentions in my 65 Satellite do the extentions go on the inside or outside of floor pan. Thanks in advance

Re: Trunk extentions - 02/27/13 06:34 PM

Nobody install trunk pans?
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: Trunk extentions - 02/27/13 06:40 PM

Got a picture to toss on here? Every trunk extension I ever saw uses a pinch seem to the trunk floor:
(extension) ----||----- (trunk)

You have an overlap joint? If that's so, it doesn't really matter, and I'd pick whichever way fitted up better. I'm sure someone on here could put up a trunk picture if they just notice the thread.

EDIT: after looking at the parts on AMD, I would guess the extensions go under the trunk floor. But I stress it's a guess.

Re: Trunk extentions - 02/27/13 11:02 PM

Ya I think your right they go under, that way they run 90 degrees top to bottom, and they slide in the 3 notches , The floor pan has a nice smooth lip on top instead of a seam if they where attached to the side, The trunk floor etc was already taken out when I picked this car up.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Trunk extentions - 03/01/13 01:36 AM

Quote:

Ya I think your right they go under, that way they run 90 degrees top to bottom, and they slide in the 3 notches , The floor pan has a nice smooth lip on top instead of a seam if they where attached to the side, The trunk floor etc was already taken out when I picked this car up.

The factory pan is one piece. Take a look. Though I patched these it was only the front 6"-8".
Doug

Attached picture 7607581-B26.jpg

Re: Trunk extentions - 03/02/13 11:58 AM

Thanks Doug, I see the 3 notches on the originals, Ya the new AMD ones go under to create the slight angle outward as your pic. Cheers
© 2024 Moparts Forums