Moparts

Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB?

Posted By: bb74swngr

Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 03:31 AM

Hi all. I have the Eddy CH28 w/2x600 on the 440 now and it loves the setup. I have a complete NOS system for a single carb setup and want to give it a whirl. Already have an Eddy Performer RPM manilfold and need to know what size carb I will need for some safe fun at 5500rpm. Want to stick with Eddy because they work for me.
Can't afford to upgrade to the Eddy dual quad nitrous system, only their plates will fit on the CH28 and they won't sell me just the plates.
Have Eddy heads, Schumacher tri-ys, voodoo 304 w/1.6s.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Neil

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 03:35 AM

With a modified 440 the only one that would likely work would be the 800 avs carb. The rest of them are going to be too small.
Posted By: bb74swngr

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 03:38 AM

Thanks Neil, I can start watching ebag for one I can rebuild. I know there are not a lot of choices going with Eddy but wondered if a 750 or 800 would be enough.
Thanks for the input!!!
Posted By: 68red440

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 04:51 PM

Go with the 800 and not the 750. I've read so many complaints about the 750. My modified 440 street engine likes the 800 and is very low maintenance. Make sure you use a heat insulating spacer. Don't even bother trying to run without one.
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 05:09 PM

I used the 750 Eddie on my 73 Dodge truck 400 BB.
Seems to work better than the thermoquad.
Been working for 5 years now but could use a
rebuild.
I agree with everyone on getting the 800 Eddie
for your 440. With juice it should be a little
wild.
What car is this in? Any 1/4 times yet?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 05:45 PM

Do yourself a favor and spend a few more bucks on a Holley DP.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 05:49 PM

Quote:

why are you saying that to him when he CLEARLY states this ???

Quote:

Want to stick with Eddy because they work for me.

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 05:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

why are you saying that to him when he CLEARLY states this ???

Quote:

Want to stick with Eddy because they work for me.

lol just trying to save the guy some trouble.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 06:00 PM

The 800 edelbrock works fine on a typical modified street car, which is what he has. If he had more of a racecar then a holley or a demon would be better.

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 06:06 PM

Quote:

The 800 edelbrock works fine on a typical modified street car, which is what he has. If he had more of a racecar then a holley or a demon would be better.

"Have Eddy heads, Schumacher tri-ys, voodoo 304 w/1.6s"
sorry an eddy 800 is not going to be enough for that car. Especially if he's going to spray it. I'd go w/ at least a Holley 800dp if not bigger. He had 1200cfm on the car before. But go ahead put an 800 eddy carb on it spray it down the track. I've used both style carbs and each has it's place.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 07:13 PM

I have to agree with swingin72, going from a dual carb setup, IMO you will be happier with a holley DP, 850cfm.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 08:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

"Have Eddy heads, Schumacher tri-ys, voodoo 304 w/1.6s"
sorry an eddy 800 is not going to be enough for that car. Especially if he's going to spray it. I'd go w/ at least a Holley 800dp if not bigger. He had 1200cfm on the car before. But go ahead put an 800 eddy carb on it spray it down the track. I've used both style carbs and each has it's place.

He had way too much carb on it before

I love how people just ignore the question and give the answer they want to hear .

Posted By: Pauls69

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/25/08 09:36 PM

doesn't AndyF run the Eddy 800 AVS on his 500+ RWHP coronet? i don't recall him doing anything special to it either.
Posted By: mark7171

Re:You can keep more than one induction package. - 11/25/08 10:11 PM

I'm running a 800 AVS on a Performer thats done up, mated to a high lift 440 4spd w/3.23's. It's my "cruise" induction system. on a RB its super easy to switch out the intakes. I have a racing WOT induction too. That has a port matched RPM with a dialed in Demon 750. It is up to what your doing. If you're driving around go with the edelbrock AVS. If Drag racing all the time use a 850 DP.

Re: Your suggestion for single Eddy carb for my BB? - 11/26/08 02:06 AM

why are you shutting it down at 5500? That cam should be good to 6200+. What gear, stall and the rest? The reason I ask is that eddy carbs will run out at about the 1000 foot mark, especially the 750.
© 2024 Moparts Forums