Moparts

rebuilding wheel cylinder

Posted By: kilroy

rebuilding wheel cylinder - 02/24/13 09:51 PM

Rebuilding wheel cylinder for my truck project and got a rebuild kit.

The rebuild spring is considerably longer and stronger than original and also doesnt have protective cups.

Would you guys rebuild with original spring or new spring?

Attached picture 7601629-WP_20130216_001copy.jpg
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: rebuilding wheel cylinder - 02/24/13 09:53 PM

Use all new parts, don't mix. imo

Re: rebuilding wheel cylinder - 02/24/13 10:02 PM

Quote:

Use all new parts, don't mix. imo

What about the wheel cylinder casting, LOL, just kidding.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: rebuilding wheel cylinder - 02/24/13 11:20 PM

Quote:

Would you guys rebuild with original spring

If the insides of the new neoprene seals are the same as the original seals were so the original springs/cups fit on that (inner) side the same way I'd use the original spring/cups with the new seals in the kit & maybe stretch the old springs a bit & I'd suggest using a flexhone for a good finish. Some kits are a hodgepodge of mixmatched parts. You just need good seals & a properly prepped bore that ain't too oversized for a good seal

Re: rebuilding wheel cylinder - 02/24/13 11:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Would you guys rebuild with original spring

If the insides of the new neoprene seals are the same as the original seals were so the original springs/cups fit on that (inner) side the same way I'd use the original spring/cups with the new seals in the kit & maybe stretch the old springs a bit & I'd suggest using a flexhone for a good finish. Some kits are a hodgepodge of mixmatched parts. You just need good seals & a properly prepped bore that ain't too oversized for a good seal

Ya thanks for the tips and I agree with all you said, I just found it interesting how much difference from OEM and rebuild and wondered which would be better.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: rebuilding wheel cylinder - 02/26/13 02:32 AM

Looks to me you didn't get all the parts. Every rebuild kit should have the dust covers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums