Moparts

Be Cool

Posted By: geol

Be Cool - 02/09/13 09:15 PM

I am looking at installing a Be Cool radiator in my 65 Coronet.It is supposed to be "direct fit"but it looks like mounting holes will need to be drilled and the batery tray relocated.There is a dimple in the existing face that may have to be removed so that it sits flush.Does this sound right?
Posted By: radar

Re: Be Cool - 02/10/13 02:05 AM

Boy those things are expensive I would think it would fit right in for that kind of money
Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Re: Be Cool - 02/10/13 02:26 AM

Check out the griffins. They look like a factory mopar radiator. As far as fitting the Griffin I bought for my e body dropped right in.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Be Cool - 02/10/13 11:45 AM

My buddy put one in his 64 Plymouth.He got the complete setup and it was over a grand.It does cool good.I never looked to see how it was installed though.Rocky
Posted By: GreenBird

Re: Be Cool - 02/11/13 07:27 PM

I installed the big one with dual fans (can't recall the part number) in my 69 Road Runner. Yes -- had to drill some holes and otherwise fabricate a little. Re: the battery tray, I cut it down to minimum size and moved it rearward a few inches to make room for the radiator and overflow tank. And the module was very expensive. But it works great and I have no concerns about driving in hot weather, getting stuck in stop and go traffic, etc. Since I can still remember my 70 Road Runner having overheating problems back in 1972, it was worth it to put that entire issue to bed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums