Moparts

E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body?

Posted By: dirt

E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 02/08/13 03:11 AM

need a set of bucket seats for a 73 dart project. Will E body seats fit? I found a good deal on a set locally.
Thanks
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 02/08/13 04:00 AM

No they wont. I tried to fit them in a 69 Cuda and ended up making seat tracks so they would fit.

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 02/08/13 04:15 AM

I figured that might be to easy. Any idea if A body seat tracks will bolt up to the E body seats?
I might try making the E body tracks fit the floor or try making a couple sets of bench seat dart tracks fit .
Posted By: sixpack4spd

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 02/08/13 04:54 AM

Seats will fit. Tracks are too low. E-body seats are closer to the floor. E-body tracks are worth more $$$ than A-body tracks. I'm sure someone would swap with you...

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 02/08/13 05:00 AM

Thanks, i have 2 or 3 sets of E body seats that are pretty trashed but i didnt check the tracks. If they are still good may be i can just sell them and buy A body tracks.
Posted By: Dodge-N-Shelby

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 05/07/13 05:50 PM

I found this older thread and hope to get some more wisdom on a different twist. I have a 73 E body that the front buckets are trashed and plan on recovering/refoaming them. I have a nice pair of 73 A body bucket seats sitting in the garage. Can I use my E tracks on the A seats to get by until I get mine recovered? I can pull them apart and give it a try but am curious if anyone knows before I start taking seats apart. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 05/07/13 06:24 PM

The seat frames are the same , the covers , foam and the tracks are different.

Re: E-Body seat+tracks, fit A-body? - 08/01/13 08:34 PM

I tried bolting 70 cuda seats to 68 dart tracks and it did not work. I had to do a little rework to make them fit.
© 2024 Moparts Forums