Moparts

where do i find one of these? electrical connection

Posted By: mickm

where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:13 AM

this is the stock connection to the distributor, (at least i think it is).

where can i find one of these?

Attached picture 7568096-IMG_1695.jpg
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:16 AM

What distributor , that is not a factory mopar connector

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:28 AM

Quote:

What distributor , that is not a factory mopar connector

i thought it was. when i got the car, it had an accel distributor on it, and this was the connection to it. when i put an MSD in it, i put that connector on for the new distributor.

what does a stock connection look like?
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:36 AM

Can be seen here laying on the distributor hold down clamp.

Attached picture 7568134-CarbFuelLine_2.jpg

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:40 AM

Quote:

Can be seen here laying on the distributor hold down clamp.

where would i get that connection? i only have the half that is on the distributor.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:43 AM

Add wires to the one you have or use any 2 wire pull apart connector if desired & solder it in or even 2 sets of 2ea male/female bullet connectors, just make sure the polarity is correct (see archives). If you had the correct zigzag OE connector that'd be the best way to go if you had a spare pickup plate/coil/pigtail, just swap it in
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:54 AM

I've probably got a few of them in garage somewhere, but any Mopar guy near you probably does, too. Any JY with old Mopars in it, is going to have them, too. The harness end is the same as the distributor end, so snip the pigtails off the harnesses of a couple of Mopars and splice 'em into your car.

I've used 'em to add a few electrical items where polarity mattered, cuz the two ends can only go together one way.

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 06:20 AM

Quote:

I've probably got a few of them in garage somewhere, but any Mopar guy near you probably does, too. Any JY with old Mopars in it, is going to have them, too. The harness end is the same as the distributor end, so snip the pigtails off the harnesses of a couple of Mopars and splice 'em into your car.

I've used 'em to add a few electrical items where polarity mattered, cuz the two ends can only go together one way.

ok, i'll check around. what did the stock connector look like back in 1970? same thing?
Posted By: dhkennedy

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 06:22 AM

Quote:

Those are old Tamya RC Battery conectors from the mid 80's. I think they are refered to as Molinex(sp) and should be able to get from Radio Shack. They are referd to as Meltfast in the RC trades, 3-5 Amps for 4-6 minutes and their a fire hazzard.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 06:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

ok, i'll check around. what did the stock connector look like back in 1970? same thing?

There was no connector in 70 like that , 70 used a dual point presolite, one lead coming out of the distributor connecting to the negative side of the coil.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 05:39 PM

Local parts store should have the factory style connector as a universal in their electrical section.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 10:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Those are old Tamya RC Battery conectors from the mid 80's. I think they are refered to as Molinex(sp) and should be able to get from Radio Shack. They are referd to as Meltfast in the RC trades, 3-5 Amps for 4-6 minutes and their a fire hazzard.

It is Molex. Unfortunately, not genuine Molex but a knockoff.
You can get the genuine article here:
http://www.digikey.com/Suppliers/us/Molex.page?lang=en
Posted By: dogdays

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 01/31/13 10:48 PM

The stock Mopar electronic distributor connector was basically a two-wire trailer lighting connector but with different colored wires. I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

R.

Attached picture 7568962-Trailerconn.jpg

Re: where do i find one of these? electrical connection - 02/02/13 10:59 PM

Quote:

The stock Mopar electronic distributor connector was basically a two-wire trailer lighting connector but with different colored wires. I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

R.

nice, thanks for the info!
© 2024 Moparts Forums