Moparts

Transmission Fluid Type F?

Posted By: mopargem

Transmission Fluid Type F? - 11/23/08 03:15 AM

I know this topic has been posted multiple times but getting ready to fire up the 71 runner for the first time tomorrow, everything is finally ready except coolent and tranny fluid. It's a 727 just rebuilt and tonight I just got back from buying eight quarts of Type F and plan on using it. I have heard some of you guys say it makes for firmer shifting. I have never used Type F and want to be sure I'm not making a mistake before I dump it in. Tranny is bone stock with the 340 converter. Just need alittle reassurance. Thanks
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Transmission Fluid Type F? - 11/23/08 03:18 AM

No, your not making a mistake. Use it.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Transmission Fluid Type F? - 11/23/08 03:19 AM

I and many others run it with no problems. Only thing that is really debatable about running Type F is if it really firms the shift up. Other than that, no concerns here!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Transmission Fluid Type F? - 11/23/08 03:25 AM

someone awhile back was having a trans problem & they tried everything & no luck until they switched to/or away from type F. I cant remember what the issue was though . Does anybody remember this.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: Transmission Fluid Type F? - 11/23/08 05:51 AM

A quality brand of type F is an excellent choice for a vintage Torqueflite, it will firm up the shifts and keep your trans very happy.
Just remember to not mix Dextron with the type F, they dont play well together..
I have been using type F since the 70s, with no problems..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Transmission Fluid Type F? - 11/23/08 07:13 AM

I've used it in a stock 904 with a medium stall converter, and lost about 100-200 RPM stall, but it was just fine. Go for it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums