Moparts

Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley???

Posted By: mopowers

Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 03:57 PM

I need to buy a new base plate for my 750 dp

What brand should I go with. There is a seller on Ebay that will sell me a new quick fuel billet piece for $100- the cost of the cast Holley one. Are quick fuel base plates any good, or should I stick with genuine Holley parts?
Posted By: frank

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 05:51 PM

I don't know about a base plate, but the last carb I bought I went with Proform. I have no regrets. it's a quality carb at a good price. I'll buy another when the time comes.

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 05:52 PM

I'm just curious if my Holley main body will line up correctly with a proform or quick fuel base plate.
Posted By: noplanb

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 06:13 PM

I put a Quickfuel billet throttle plate on a 950 HP. It works fine, but I ended up reusing all the linkage hardware - everything didn't just bolt right on.

Expect to do a little fiddling, but it fits and works great.

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 07:28 PM

Quote:

I put a Quickfuel billet throttle plate on a 950 HP. It works fine, but I ended up reusing all the linkage hardware - everything didn't just bolt right on.

Thanks for the input! What do you mean everything didn't just bolt on? Were things misaligned? bolt holes to small? I'm looking for a bolt on base plate to replace my messed with Holley one.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 07:32 PM

Use the base plate you have, put a #4 bolt in the hole in the throttle plate, nut on the other side, bolt just long enough to leave a couple threads visible which you can peen down so the nut can't back off....

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 08:41 PM

That would fix the throttle plates, but I still need to find a 3/8" hose nipple to thread into 1/8 NPT threads where the old PCV nipple was pressed in. The guy who ran this carb, tapped and plugged it. I also need to divide the grooves that connect the primary and secondary idle circuits with some JB weld and file them flat. I'd almost rather buy a new base plate with tight throttle shafts that I don't have to do any work on. ya know? I'll likely try to run what I've got first though because I tend to learn the hard way...
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 09:00 PM

Quote:

I need to buy a new base plate for my 750 dp

What brand should I go with. There is a seller on Ebay that will sell me a new quick fuel billet piece for $100- the cost of the cast Holley one. Are quick fuel base plates any good, or should I stick with genuine Holley parts?

The proform and qft are the same base plate just anodized different colors...either one will fit your 750 dp...I have to holley 750 with the proform base plates..
Posted By: noplanb

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 09:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the input! What do you mean everything didn't just bolt on? Were things misaligned? bolt holes to small? I'm looking for a bolt on base plate to replace my messed with Holley one.

I have the secondary idle speed screw adapter, and the new secondary shaft wasn't long enough for it on the pass side. So I reused the original shaft and the linkage, and the throttle blades IIRC.

Nice piece, no other issues.

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/25/13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have the secondary idle speed screw adapter, and the new secondary shaft wasn't long enough for it on the pass side. So I reused the original shaft and the linkage, and the throttle blades IIRC.

Nice piece, no other issues.

Aren't the proform and quick fuel plates already modified for the secondary idle speed adjustment?
Posted By: SG duster

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/26/13 12:42 AM

I buy all my carb stuff from www.allcarbs.com I find them excellent to deal with and their tech support is also excellent.
I brought a QF base plate for my 780vs and one for my 950hp, both fitted and lined up perfectly, out of the two carbs the 780vs has inproved better with allstates parts and tech recommendations
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/26/13 02:36 AM

I am a QuickFuel guy based on price and quality. Holley is coming around but their components are still a little high for my taste.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Quickfuel vs Proform vs Holley??? - 01/26/13 05:57 AM

Aren't the proform and quick fuel plates already modified for the secondary idle speed adjustment?

yes
© 2024 Moparts Forums