Moparts

Dowel pins location

Posted By: Coke

Dowel pins location - 01/12/13 04:29 PM

Can somebody show to me where the dowel pins go installed on a 440 block surface?
There are several holes where they fit,but i don,t know if any of them will be ok or if they need to go on a particular hole.

Thanks a lot for any input.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Dowel pins location - 01/12/13 04:59 PM

I don't have a picture but they go on the ends. if you draw a line from front to back, across the cylinder holes, the dowel pins would be in that line. look for one hole on each end that is "shallow" and has a bottom. there's oil holes and water holes and bolt holes, you don't want any of them.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Dowel pins location - 01/12/13 05:00 PM

use your heads to help locate the holes.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Dowel pins location - 01/12/13 06:32 PM

Quote:

Can somebody show to me where the dowel pins go installed on a 440 block surface?
There are several holes where they fit,but i don,t know if any of them will be ok or if they need to go on a particular hole.

Thanks a lot for any input.

Here is a big warning ... they are NOT .250 holes , I can't convert that to metric , sorry , the dowels I want to say are .246ish
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Dowel pins location - 01/12/13 07:07 PM

They aren't standard .250 dowel nor are they metric. Chrysler engineers used a custom dowel pin for some unknown reason.

I think they are 0.2465 which would be a slight press fit into a letter D drill hole.
Posted By: Coke

Re: Dowel pins location - 01/12/13 11:46 PM

My question sounds stupid after being messing around for a while...
They are blind holes so there is not doubt.This year i promise to check the things before posting

About the sizes,i haven,t meassured them but i had to tape them a little in the left side and glue them in the right .

The heads seated ok anyway.
© 2024 Moparts Forums