Moparts

electric exaust dumps???

Posted By: pyrojim

electric exaust dumps??? - 01/11/13 04:34 PM

Any preference???? Looks like there is a ton on the market, any feedback??? Thanks
Posted By: jbc426

Re: electric exaust dumps??? - 01/11/13 04:44 PM

Avoid Race Ready( I have them) & Pypes. My buddy the Outlaw DennisH has had QTP's on his car for over 7 years working flawlessly. We smashed one on a road trip, and replaced it with another QTP. MickM has had Summit brand on his car for a long time too with great performance. They seal well and don't drift open. If I had it to do over, I would have gone with QTP or Summit Brand. They're light, compact and reliable.

Doug's have some positive feedback on this site, but they are huge, heavy and expensive! Summit has the best value, cost & durability as far as I can tell.

The hot "tip" for electric cutouts is to use a short foot-long, megaphone-type, oval(for ground clearance), cone-shaped exhaust tip after the cutout. Works the same way as a trumpet etc. It sweetens & enhances the sound same way it does on wind instuments.

I ordered an extra pair of the short replacement segments for my TTi 3" with X-tube from TTI, and welded in a foot long header extension I bought from Summit. It came with welded on flanges and mad the install easier. After all the trial fitting, I had my exhaust ceramic coated black at Sanderson Headers in San Carlos, CA. Made it look much better on a black car.

Attached picture 7542436-IMG_0968(Large).jpg

Re: electric exaust dumps??? - 01/11/13 05:45 PM

Awesome, thanks for the reply!!!
Posted By: mrpatel

Re: electric exaust dumps??? - 01/11/13 10:32 PM

I have the pypes 3" cut outs and they leaked after 2 months. I had very poor customer service from them and now stuck with them. My exhaust I bought from them for my dart needed to be cut all apart. down 1 customer for sure. I hear good things about the QTP. Andrew

Attached picture 7542781-dumps006.jpg

Re: electric exaust dumps??? - 01/15/13 09:16 PM

I went with the QTP cutouts but it is really tight right behind the short side header. Id there an issue if I move them downstream right past the crossover??? I'm way over budget and don't want to replace the exaust???
Thanks
Posted By: ChadP

Re: electric exaust dumps??? - 01/15/13 11:17 PM

Used QTP's with down dump pipe after the cut-out valve. Love em. Been running them for 2 years with absolutely no problem. On a 65 Coronet with 4-speed...installed the switch in the console and ran wires through 4-speed shifter hole and under console plate. Works great. Makes the Magnaflows sound pretty quiet after you close the dumps though.
Posted By: DANA60

Re: electric exaust dumps??? - 01/15/13 11:26 PM

I used QTP on three of mine. After the first I couldn't live without the cutouts. No probs with any of them. I used a piece of a 45deg pipe and some flange to give a turn down to it. It makes a great sound and keeps it away from the body.

Attached picture 7548267-IMG_3398_1_1.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums