Moparts

Another muffler question

Posted By: JoesMopar

Another muffler question - 01/09/13 05:40 AM

What muffler sounds best on a mild 360 with headers? I already have Dynomax Super Turbos on a couple of other cars and have tried Flowmaster Super 40's. I like the sound of the Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow, from the clips on youtube anyway, but I'm also interested in the Hooker Aero Chamber and Thrush Welded Mufflers.

Any other opinions welcome,

Thanks
Posted By: jeff57

Re: Another muffler question - 01/15/13 05:14 PM

check out magnaflow. sound nice, very good flow, not a ton of money either jeff57
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: Another muffler question - 01/15/13 06:13 PM

Check out Borla XR1 and Borla Pro XS. All polished 304 stainless steel...lifetime warranty...super nasty sounding! On Ebay for 'bout 100 bucks a piece last time I looked. If I see or hear another set of "Flow-disaster" mufflers, I'm gunna throw up!!!
Posted By: therocks

Re: Another muffler question - 01/15/13 07:34 PM

We run Summits stainless.They are beautiful and sound deep without being obnoxious.I run 3 inch on my 440 and the kid runs 2 1/2 on his built 360 Express truck.Cost about 65 bucks each.Rocky
Posted By: 360cuda

Re: Another muffler question - 01/16/13 02:57 AM

I have a 360 with Hooker Super Comp headers that are connected to 2 1/2 inch stainless 24 inch Magnaflow mufflers, that exit into 3 inch tail pipes with 3 inch Cuda tips. It gives a very deep tone, with no drone. The idle is a little on the quiet side, but it comes to life when you step on it. I have had more than one person ask me if it was a big block. It sounds really good.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Another muffler question - 01/16/13 03:32 AM

HOOKER AERO CHAMBERS ..
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Another muffler question - 01/16/13 07:57 AM

Magnaflow 14x7 ovals, side entrance with center exit, basically straight through I have the 3 inch size mounted at the rear bumper behind the rear end and mounted between the rear sub frames and the 1/4 panels. No rear leaf springs on my car, coil overs with ladder bars so the 3 inch pipes from the headers go under the rear end and then into the muffs Pretty quite at part throttle cruise, not so quiet at WOT I race tha car some It picked up .04 (6.97 to 7.01) ET and .2 MPH in the 1/8 mile by removing the exhausr, not worth doing in my opinion
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Another muffler question - 01/16/13 10:52 PM

6 responses, 6 different mufflers suggested - just like all the other buttzillion muffler posts. Might as well make it 7 for 7 - Dynomax Super Turbos...
Posted By: gch

Re: Another muffler question - 01/18/13 03:02 AM

I love dynomax super turbo muffs but they can drone at certain rpms.The x-pipe cured that and changed the pitch just right IMO.

I have run magnaflow and liked them as well.They sound better at part throttle/idle but are too loud for my old ears WOT.
© 2024 Moparts Forums