Moparts

TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR

Posted By: plumcrzyTA

TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 11/20/08 05:25 PM

On my T/A I have a white vinyl interior.It is in good shape but it could be whiter.What would be the best dye and method to do it?
THANKS!!!David
Posted By: bobby66

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 11/20/08 05:49 PM

Eastwoods sells all kinds of that stuff. Did my Charger interior yeasr ago and it's held up fine.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 11/20/08 06:21 PM

Be fore you start dyeing stuff go get a box of Mr Clean Magic Erasers & try scrubbing it with that...It does a pretty amazing job...If it doesn't get things clean enough to satisfy you at least it's a good preperation step for dyeing...The problems with dyeing are 1)loss of grain pattern 2)it sometimes peels if the surface wasn't clean enough or the dye was of questionable quality 3)once you've dyed the part you really can't completely remove it....

If you decide to dye SEM & Mar-Hyde both give good results but over time it will fade & then you'll want to do another lap with the dye so refer back to "The problems with dyeing"...
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 11/20/08 06:37 PM

clean everything with rubbing alcohol before you spray.
Posted By: mikepar

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 11/20/08 07:04 PM

something that works real good and is cheap as the day is long-----Wesleys Bleach White...yah thats right, tire cleaner.scrub with a stiff brush.Works beatiful on fadded paint also, We're ghetto here,ya know.
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 12/01/08 08:46 PM

Since this is a semi-fresh thread I'll piggyback.
Any tips on removing dye/paint from the dash pads? It's been painted once and it's peeling to beat the band so I need to re-do it.
Just scrub scrub scrub? Would alcohol kill it? Not the hard plastic, the squishy lower dash pad.
This car's killin' me here.
Posted By: stubbs300

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 12/01/08 09:03 PM

Quote:

something that works real good and is cheap as the day is long-----Wesleys Bleach White...yah thats right, tire cleaner.scrub with a stiff brush.Works beatiful on fadded paint also, We're ghetto here,ya know.

Yea, what he said!!! I have a white interior and was surprised of the job it did.
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 12/02/08 10:41 AM

Sweet, I'll pick some up.
Posted By: Waveraider

Re: TRICKS AND METHODS ON DYEING INTERIOR - 12/03/08 01:07 AM

I used the SEM product and was pleased with the results. I went from green to black. SEM also sells a special cleaning soap and adhesion promoter that you need to buy One can/bottle of each will do your car. The die will take several cans.

© 2024 Moparts Forums