Moparts

Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner?

Posted By: OA5599

Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/20/08 04:35 PM

I am about to put a performer RPM intake on the 69 'Cuda, and I could use a little extra clearance. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/20/08 04:39 PM

Quote:

I am about to put a performer RPM intake on the 69 'Cuda, and I could use a little extra clearance. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks

buy one WHAT ? not enough info .

there are plenty of drop base air cleaners , a little more specific please .
Posted By: OA5599

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/20/08 04:42 PM

Oops. Sorry. I want to find a drop base for my factory 69 Cuda 340 air cleaner.

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/20/08 04:45 PM

The only drop base that will fit it is the base from a Ford Motorsport aircleaner , BUT the STOCK fuel line hits it . On a 340 with an RPM I wouldn't think you'd need a drop base
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/20/08 09:30 PM

I ran that air cleaner on my 69 Cuda with a LD340 and a 1" spacer.

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/21/08 02:43 PM

Quote:

Adam , what air cleaner , the stock unsilenced or the dropped ford unit ?
Posted By: 70dart360

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/21/08 03:38 PM

I have one on my 72 RR. It came on my Dart when I bought it. Think the guy got it from MP.

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/21/08 04:56 PM

Quote:

I have one on my 72 RR. It came on my Dart when I bought it. Think the guy got it from MP.

picture ???
Posted By: Neil

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/21/08 06:19 PM

Edelbrock makes a banjo fitting for eddy and carter carbs. Really helps if you have a fuel inlet/air cleaner issue. I have one sitting in my tool box that I ran for years.

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/21/08 06:23 PM

Quote:

Edelbrock makes a banjo fitting for eddy and carter carbs. Really helps if you have a fuel inlet/air cleaner issue. I have one sitting in my tool box that I ran for years.

I bought one , never used it , should I need to run the ford motorsport drop base I'll bend up a new line to it .
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/21/08 07:50 PM

I just bought a cheap 14" drop base air cleaner and traced the stock 13" base on the bottom of the drop base air cleaner and cut along the line smoothed out the edges and voila!!!! Drop base for my unsilenced air cleaner. Pretty easy and cheap to do.
In pic: Victor 340 intake, 1" spacer, 950 quickfuel carb, unsilenced air cleaner (custom drop base) - fits under stock hood - priceless..

I think Summit sells just the drop bases.

Attached picture 4829323-niagara08005.jpg
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/22/08 01:55 AM

put an LD 340 intake on it it'll run much better and probably be faster! my almost stock 340 thru manifolds went high 12,s@ 109 mph with one... oh and street tires [f 70-14] and thru full exhaust and the stock [as born with] converter ... dan
Posted By: sycboi

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/22/08 03:21 AM

Quote:

I just bought a cheap 14" drop base air cleaner and traced the stock 13" base on the bottom of the drop base air cleaner and cut along the line smoothed out the edges and voila!!!! Drop base for my unsilenced air cleaner. Pretty easy and cheap to do.
In pic: Victor 340 intake, 1" spacer, 950 quickfuel carb, unsilenced air cleaner (custom drop base) - fits under stock hood - priceless..

I think Summit sells just the drop bases.

After trimming the 14" drop base there was still enough "ledge" for the air filter element to sit on ?

-Michael
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/22/08 01:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Adam , what air cleaner , the stock unsilenced or the dropped ford unit ?

Stock un silenced.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/22/08 07:41 PM

be careful not to lower the lid of the air cleaner too far or it can disrupt the air flow into the carb at higher RPM
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/23/08 12:18 AM

Ford motorsports makes an air cleaner that has a drop base and is 13" like your stock 340 air cleaner. I found one used on ebay and it worked perfect. still using it on my 68 charger/440/rpm intake.

here's one. it's expensive, but keep your eyes open. I got mine for 25 bucks. they come up used from time to time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-MUST...sQ5fAccessories

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/23/08 01:04 AM

Quote:

Ford motorsports makes an air cleaner that has a drop base and is 13" like your stock 340 air cleaner. I found one used on ebay and it worked perfect. still using it on my 68 charger/440/rpm intake.

here's one. it's expensive, but keep your eyes open. I got mine for 25 bucks. they come up used from time to time.

what carb are you using , the drop base fits a holley , you need to get creative with a carter , I think the linkage is also a potnetial interferance also ? I have the base , just haven't gotten around to using it yet , also K+N has a taller filter that fits it , it's about 1/2 " more element height
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: Who sells a drop base for my 340 air cleaner? - 11/23/08 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

what carb are you using , the drop base fits a holley , you need to get creative with a carter , I think the linkage is also a potnetial interferance also ? I have the base , just haven't gotten around to using it yet , also K+N has a taller filter that fits it , it's about 1/2 " more element height

I'm running a demon
© 2024 Moparts Forums