Moparts

Dealing with condensation in a big car

Posted By: Secret Chimp

Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/20/12 06:16 AM

My wagon has a lot of air and window real estate - I can't seem to keep the rear windows clear in cold/rainy weather. I've tried running the heat on high through either vent positions, cracking a wing window, cracking the tailgate window a little bit, blending in some vent air with heater air - I just can't keep it clear back there. I also can't figure how I could cleanly add an auxiliary blower back there like I could if I had a rear shelf in a sedan.

The heater core is in good health and the fan blows strong - I just don't know how to get air back there.

It's not too much of a visibility problem, but it's kind of annoying driving around looking like I just finished doing the nasty in the back! What can I try?
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/20/12 08:34 AM

Unless your car has a/c to dry the air, I don't think adding fans or heat back there is going to be terribly effective. From my experiences, those factory type rear window defoggers didn't do anything. The back windshield on my car always fogs up too. Seems the factory knew this was a problem.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/20/12 02:08 PM

could you hard wire a fan in to keep the air moving around?
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/20/12 02:10 PM

Quote:

My wagon has a lot of air and window real estate - I can't seem to keep the rear windows clear in cold/rainy weather. I've tried running the heat on high through either vent positions, cracking a wing window, cracking the tailgate window a little bit, blending in some vent air with heater air - I just can't keep it clear back there. I also can't figure how I could cleanly add an auxiliary blower back there like I could if I had a rear shelf in a sedan.

The heater core is in good health and the fan blows strong - I just don't know how to get air back there.

It's not too much of a visibility problem, but it's kind of annoying driving around looking like I just finished doing the nasty in the back! What can I try?

http://www.rainx.com/product/glass-and-cleaners/rainx-anti-fog/#.UNMORm9ZWIU
Posted By: muskote

Re: Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/20/12 02:17 PM

Stop breathing will solve the problem.... LOL ...

Just try to place a simple dehumidifier (e.g. "DampRid") in the back of the car. Simple, cheap and working also when nobody is in the car...
So you can get the level of humidity down generally and continue breathing...
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/20/12 02:21 PM

Quote:

Stop breathing will solve the problem.... LOL ...

Just try to place a simple dehumidifier (e.g. "DampRid") in the back of the car. Simple, cheap and working also when nobody is in the car...
So you can get the level of humidity down generally and continue breathing...

I had to laugh... my dad used to get upset w/ my bro and I...even mom because we "breathed to hard"
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: Dealing with condensation in a big car - 12/21/12 09:27 PM

If it is C wagon without dual air system forget it and save your time nothing is going to keep those windows clean. Had one and know that without the additional rear evap no way it will stay clean
© 2024 Moparts Forums