Moparts

Fabricated front k frame/suspension

Posted By: 416scamp

Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/16/12 02:08 AM

Looking to put one under my scamp. Looking to see pics and where to buy them. I talked to one company that sell them and he said I have to change oil pan to rear sump pan for it to work. Where did guys get yours?
Posted By: CFster

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/21/12 10:58 PM

Reilly Motorsports AlterKtion. First with integrated shock towers. Most of the others are copies.

Posted By: AndyF

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/22/12 12:46 AM

Depends on what the car is used for.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/22/12 01:52 AM

Quote:

Depends on what the car is used for.

IMO, if its for race only, go with Bob's Pro Fab.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/22/12 06:06 AM

Theres nothing wrong with the stock K Frame. It can be lightened pretty easy for cheap. Do some fabrication on your K if you can.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/22/12 08:13 AM

Some people think that just because something is old, it must be inferior to newer stuff.
Sometimes the first design of a system is hard to beat. I will admit that the new designs are nice looking, but I just dont see them having the same 200,000 mile durability of the factory stuff.
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/22/12 03:00 PM

Another vote for the alterkation, 2 years plus and a few thousand street miles on it so far
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Fabricated front k frame/suspension - 12/22/12 04:57 PM

Quote:

Some people think that just because something is old, it must be inferior to newer stuff.
Sometimes the first design of a system is hard to beat. I will admit that the new designs are nice looking, but I just dont see them having the same 200,000 mile durability of the factory stuff.

Part of the problem is the aftermarket unit has to fit the original design specifications (such as mounting locations and packaging constraints). Not to mention that 20 year old OEM engineering assets are usually still better than 99% of the aftermarket engineering of today. Which is not to say that the aftermarket can't improve upon the original, just that you as the consumer had better research carefully.
© 2024 Moparts Forums