Moparts

Need help with a few codes on fender tag

Posted By: VincentVega

Need help with a few codes on fender tag - 12/11/12 06:30 PM

Car is a 1978 Plymouth. There are three codes in red I can't figure out. Could anyone please help? Thanks in advance

Got my info, image removed. thanks for the help
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: Need help with a few codes on fender tag - 12/11/12 07:52 PM

Quote:

Car is a 1978 Plymouth. There are three codes in red I can't figure out. Could anyone please help? Thanks in advance

the item before the U is more like a "*" asterisk or star. It's not uncommon on tags from Lynch Road built cars. I don't know that it carries any significance other than maybe a place holder. 28 = 28" radiator. F42 = additional dome light.

Looks similar to a tag from a cop car. Is it?

Re: Need help with a few codes on fender tag - 12/11/12 08:04 PM

It is, E68 A38. I have two of them actually, although the tags are still on the other. That's a project for later, after I make the mistakes on the first one here Thanks so much! this was very helpful!

btw, it IS a Lynch Road car. Good info! Car was built in early June '78 (and interesting is that they made running changes to these cars on 6/1). Probably one of the last big block cars built ever.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Need help with a few codes on fender tag - 12/11/12 08:23 PM

Quote:

.... Car was built in early June '78 (and interesting is that they made running changes to these cars on 6/1). Probably one of the last big block cars built ever.

What were the running changes??

Re: Need help with a few codes on fender tag - 12/11/12 08:41 PM

sheet metal for one. dash for another. I've been living out of the parts catalog for the last few months, cross checking and collecting information. Just an example:

Listed here is a pretty important piece. It never says why they changed, but I thought it was very unusual they would bother to do this so much on a line they knew was ending.
© 2024 Moparts Forums