Moparts

Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo

Posted By: MileHighDart

Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo - 11/29/12 01:18 AM

i've sort of been looking around at PT Crusier GT's (turbo)

Just wondering what the lifespan of one of these is. Seems to be some turbo pt's around for 5K or 6K that look to be in nice condition, but the all have nearly 100K miles on the clock already.
How long do they last ? Just thinking daily driver.

Attached picture 7480594-PT.jpg
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo - 11/29/12 02:54 AM

There was one local to me with a price tag of $1,200. The car looked pretty nice so I stopped to look at it. Well it drove decent and looked nice but the 325,000 miles on it really killed it for me. He was a traveling salesman and he had it since 0 miles and It was the original engine and transmission.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo - 11/29/12 03:09 AM

Chrysler seems to have consistantly well engineered the turbo setups. With normal driving and maintenance, I would expect them to last as long as a NA version. The wildcard is driving history. If it was run hard, watch out.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo - 11/29/12 03:36 AM

Oscer Jackson of Jackson Racing lives here in GJ and is the one that devoloped the turbo on the PT for Chrysler. Knowing him it should be a well designed setup. I can call him for info.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo - 11/29/12 04:10 AM

100,00 you are looking at timng belt,idler and water pump replacement. Other than that it's no problem.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Average life span of a PTcruiser Turbo - 11/29/12 03:28 PM

?? but dude around the corner has one and he drives it all the time, never seen it sitting. He's had it forever drives it everyday.
© 2024 Moparts Forums