Moparts

Wood pistol grips

Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Wood pistol grips - 11/23/12 04:34 AM

Is anyone selling wooden pistol grips yet. I would like to buy a set. The Gunslinger site dose not list them yet. I could try to make a set I guess.
Posted By: moparmatt0

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/23/12 12:44 PM

I bought a set a few years ago and I am not going to use them if you are interrested let me know my name is Matt and number is 845-795-5600
Posted By: rattler

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/23/12 04:15 PM

Make your own. I did several years ago because I didn't like what was available. People think mine are factory, they just look better.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/23/12 07:36 PM

Board member domingo used to make them. Give him a PM.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/23/12 08:54 PM

Domingo offered up a custom run of textured original style pistol grips a few years ago and I ordered 2 sets of grips but he never delivered. I was really looking forward to the grips because I have always heard how nice the the grips were. I would order 3 sets today if given a chance. Maybe Domingo, will chime in and add to this post and possibly reconsider and have them made again. I could use a set for my WORLD FAMOUS 71 Hemi Cuda Convertible Imposter LOL !! So wha da ya say Domingo

MLR426

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/24/12 10:17 PM

Bump !!! Domingo where are you ?? Sounds like we could try again on the Pistol Grip order. I'm in for 3 sets...in the natural oak appearance ?

MLR426
Posted By: 70 buzz

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/27/12 07:11 PM

can anybody here can redo original shift handles to its original new condition? Thanks
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/27/12 09:12 PM

Quote:

can anybody here can redo original shift handles to its original new condition? Thanks

The originals are plastic and there are many repops available for a reasonable price. I would go that route.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/27/12 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The originals are plastic and there are many repops available for a reasonable price. I would go that route.

If you want orignial plastic grips, I got a set of repops that are probably as accurate as original. I'll give them to you.

If you mean the chrome on the metal, any decent chrome shop can do that for you as well. I have an EXCELLENT shop near me, it's in Piqua Oh, called D&D Brightworks.

I carved my own wood grips with a pocket knife. they were not too bad, but if I was going to do it again, I'd break out the power tools. All I used on the pair I made was my old trusty boy scout pocket knife. It was a pride thing.

But, there's only so much I can do with a knife blade, especially around the complex compound curves of the left piece with the "thumb ridge" on it...Plus I used exotic African ebony hard wood, with the extreme dark and white streaks in the grain. that wood is the hardest wood I've ever carved!!
Picture of wood:

(NOTE: this wood is so dense/hard, that it actually SINKS in water!!)

With much softer wood like oak, and a dremel to help out, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult at all to carve your own if you have a set of originals to copy from.
Posted By: 72gtx4speed

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/28/12 01:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you want orignial plastic grips, I got a set of repops that are probably as accurate as original. I'll give them to you.

If you mean the chrome on the metal, any decent chrome shop can do that for you as well. I have an EXCELLENT shop near me, it's in Piqua Oh, called D&D Brightworks.

I carved my own wood grips with a pocket knife. they were not too bad, but if I was going to do it again, I'd break out the power tools. All I used on the pair I made was my old trusty boy scout pocket knife. It was a pride thing.

But, there's only so much I can do with a knife blade, especially around the complex compound curves of the left piece with the "thumb ridge" on it...Plus I used exotic African ebony hard wood, with the extreme dark and white streaks in the grain. that wood is the hardest wood I've ever carved!!
Picture of wood:

(NOTE: this wood is so dense/hard, that it actually SINKS in water!!)

With much softer wood like oak, and a dremel to help out, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult at all to carve your own if you have a set of originals to copy from.

and he still has most of his fingers.

hi tom.

clem
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Wood pistol grips - 11/28/12 02:02 AM

Thanks for giving a clearer answer. I didn't read the question well enough.

Re: Wood pistol grips - 12/21/12 11:43 PM

Quote:

Domingo offered up a custom run of textured original style pistol grips a few years ago and I ordered 2 sets of grips but he never delivered. I was really looking forward to the grips because I have always heard how nice the the grips were. I would order 3 sets today if given a chance. Maybe Domingo, will chime in and add to this post and possibly reconsider and have them made again. I could use a set for my WORLD FAMOUS 71 Hemi Cuda Convertible Imposter LOL !! So wha da ya say Domingo Any chance of a re-visit on this Domingo ?? I'm bumping my order to 5 sets of Satin Finish Oak grips.

MLR426

Posted By: Pistol Grip Guy

Re: Wood pistol grips - 07/20/13 11:29 PM

If anyone's still interested, I know a source for custom made wood pistol grip handles. Lots of options and colors.
© 2024 Moparts Forums