Moparts

Turn signals not working

Posted By: DAMOPARS

Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 01:26 PM

70 dart my turn signals are not working,
I checked all the bulbs and fuses all are good,
flashers work and replaced both flashers. The ground is good but will try another spot.
What next?

If it is the switch where can I get one?
Dealer?
Thanks
Posted By: black64

Re: Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 03:44 PM

Make sure your ground strap from the engine to the body is good.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 04:23 PM

Do the indicators in the cluster light up? Do the front and rear lights come on but don't blink? When I had my '70 Dart the turn signals and brake lights were acting weird. IIRC, the turn signal would only blink on one side and the brake lights only worked on one side (been a while). My dad told me what the problem was- the turn signal switch. Anyway, a quick check at O'Reillys shows a switch available- other places may have them.

Tim

Re: Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 04:45 PM

No lights at all at the bulbs or the dash,
But the flasher lights work and on the dash also.

Do these run through the bulk head connector? Which wires are they?

Thanks
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 05:14 PM

The wiring for the emergency flashers and turn signals is the same wires. If you got flashers and no turns then you most likely have and bad switch. I know you said you replaced the flashers but try swapping them and see what happens.
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 05:18 PM

Quote:

The wiring for the emergency flashers and turn signals is the same wires. If you got flashers and no turns then you most likely have and bad switch. I know you said you replaced the flashers but try swapping them and see what happens.

Good advice, I had a flasher that was playing hell on my wiring. Replaced it with a second "new" one and it worked.

Re: Turn signals not working - 05/23/08 05:19 PM

I did and the flashers only work.
Going to look for a switch.
© 2024 Moparts Forums