Moparts

What model "Battery Tender" do you have?

Posted By: GMP440

What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 12:19 AM

Wanted to ask those on the board , what model battery tender are you using? There's five or six models of them.
Posted By: B5 GTX

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 12:25 AM

I just bought 2 juniors, they were cheap and seemed to work the same. Time will tell on how well they work.

Scott
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 12:51 AM

Cheap Harbor Freight float charger.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html
Posted By: topside

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 02:26 AM

I was using the Black & Decker ones, but they don't last very long. A few years ago I bought a few Schumacher tenders, and they've been reliable.
Posted By: 70RR383

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 03:26 AM

Bought a battery minder the first time from northern tool.Then I just bought a tender Jr off amazon for under 26.00 to my door.Both are the small wall charger ones.The older one works great so I am hoping this new one works as well.They do a cleanup every once in a while and monitor the battery.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 05:10 AM

Quote:

Wanted to ask those on the board , what model battery tender are you using? There's five or six models of them.

My preference is the Deltran Battery Tender Jr, been using (2) for a couple of years. No problems works exactly as promised...

Just my $0.02...

Attached picture 7460095-!BjJJ1NwBWk~$(KGrHqYH-CgEs9ZZVsQRBLSWpc6oww~~_35.JPG
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 05:57 PM

Been using a solar charger for quite awhile now. It must work awful well 'cause out of 5 batteries that get rotated on it they all fire the cars up no problem. Two of them are over 10 years old too.

Costs ya nothin' to run it as well.
Posted By: Culvers

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 07:17 PM

CTEK Battery Charger
Posted By: edl

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/13/12 08:11 PM

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605...20Chargersmv=rr

Posted By: therocks

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/14/12 10:44 AM

I have a Harley one.My kid was a tech at the dealer and I got it for like 40 bucks or so.Its at least 14 years old.Bought it for my Ultra and use it on it and my 58 HD and my go kart and the other 2 HDs.Ill even put it on the tractor.Best $$ I spent.Rocky
Posted By: 471Magnum

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/14/12 12:53 PM

I've got an Auto Meter Battery Extender.

Works great. This one anyway. I had two previous ones replaced under warranty. I've probably had this last one for more than five years.

They have very little charging capacity, so if you have a deeply discharged battery, you'll need a real charger to bring the volts up. If the voltage is too low, it trips out (which may have been what killed my first two units).
Posted By: 340duster340

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/14/12 01:32 PM

I have the 4 bank battery tender with the optional long cables. Its nice because it takes up no space (wall mounted) and can reach all the junk I have in the garage.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/14/12 03:52 PM

Two reproduction batteries in 20yrs,never needed one,usually started once a month through the winter unless I forgot,never had a problem!
Posted By: 71charger

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/14/12 04:26 PM

I bought a Plus and was so happy with it, I bought a 2-bank charger.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/14/12 07:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My preference is the Deltran Battery Tender Jr, been using (2) for a couple of years. No problems works exactly as promised...

Just my $0.02...

Ive got 2 for my harleys, and I have a red top in the Demon and dont need to tend it ever, even if it sits all winter without starting up, now im sure Ill need one since I just typed that. But I have the same ones you have in the picture and they are fine, I have a peak brand from menards also, but its on the lawn mower.

Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/15/12 02:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Just my $0.02...

I have been using the same for 5+ years now....
Posted By: jcastle1

Re: What model "Battery Tender" do you have? - 11/15/12 04:45 AM

Deltran battery tender jr. since 1995. Same battery as well....
© 2024 Moparts Forums