Moparts

Disc brake rubber bands?

Posted By: boydsdodge

Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 07:35 PM

I think this was recently asked but I can't find it after searching for a while.
But after years of using slider style disc brakes, should I be using the rubber bands that come with the calipers?
Why?
Seems like they would hold the caliper from sliding if I install them the way the service manual says.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 07:52 PM

Me too. I bought a caliper the other day that has a pair of them(1st one ever) & I have no idea(yet) of where they go. If I hadn't read about them(on that prior thread) I would have thought that they got dropped in there by mistake when it was being boxed

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 08:37 PM

The service manual says that they slip over the machined way on the caliper adapter, then the caliper is to sit on or between. It doesn't say anything in the text just the pictures.
Posted By: 70dart360

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 08:42 PM

Never knew where they went (til recently), never used them, never had a problem. Matter of fact, never seen then on a car I ever did brakes on either.
Posted By: wunderless

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 09:12 PM

Holy crap! I just swapped over my brakes to disc's and had no idea what those were for!
I still don't understand how they fit but now I know they were supposed to serve some sort of purpose!
Thanks!

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 10:54 PM

I think they are an anti rattle rubber.
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 11:00 PM

Quote:

I think they are an anti rattle rubber.

BINGO... You are lucky winner... Pick a prize any prize?
Posted By: BDW

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 11:07 PM

They go on the slider adapter

Attached picture 4817624-slidero-ring.jpg
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Disc brake rubber bands? - 11/16/08 11:24 PM

now we know
© 2024 Moparts Forums