Moparts

Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers?

Posted By: RobG

Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 12:21 AM

I received a set of used Cyclone Headers for free and I was wondering if anyone ever heard of these. I have not, and I would like to know if they are good or junk?

They are for a 340. The photo is one I found on Ebay.

Attached picture 7450058-$(KGrHqZ,!pwFB,4zTr11BQkcrtJmjQ~~60_14.jpg
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 12:33 AM

I have used them and IMO they rate with Blackjack and early Hedmans. The ones that I had fit the application with out dinging. Not a bad header for the money and especially your price. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 12:40 AM

My first set of headers were Cyclone. I don't think they have made them for a decade or more. IIRC, they were acquired by the Mr Gasket company, who i think also owned Blackjack and Appliance. As mentioned, about on par with other cheap headers. I had to ding mine in some spots.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 01:18 AM

Started with Cyclone's...Sent'em back...

Next was Hedman...Sent 'em back...

Ended-up with Hooker's...

(BB...Wouldn't clear the(mini)starter...)
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 01:28 AM

They were a popular brand back in the day, not outstanding but not expensive either. I wouldn't hesitate to use them or mod them for fitment.
R.
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 04:33 AM

You just gotta get a pair of these then...

Attached picture 7450447-purplehornies01t.jpg
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 06:11 AM

Your a young puppy arnt you....

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 01:49 PM

Quote:

Your a young puppy arnt you....

I am going to be 50 soon. I still act like I am 18 though. I just never came into contact with this brand.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 01:59 PM

Quote:

My first set of headers were Cyclone. I don't think they have made them for a decade or more. IIRC, they were acquired by the Mr Gasket company, who i think also owned Blackjack and Appliance. As mentioned, about on par with other cheap headers. I had to ding mine in some spots.

Same here. Put them on my 69 Charger back in 77. Think I paid 65.00 new.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 02:00 PM

I have had several set's over the years. Now that I know that TTIs go over the center link, not under them like those headers do I would not use them. I wore holes in those headers from rubbing the ground going over bumps and into driveways.

I think these cheap headers go under the steering link.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 02:00 PM

Quote:

I still a have set.
Posted By: geno440

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 04:22 PM

Back in the late 70's I ordered a set of headers for my 68 Charger R/T from SEARS. LOL. My mom had a creadit card acount with them. What can I say. When the box came from Sears it said Cyclone o it. Good headers. Still have them hangining in my garage today.
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 05:15 PM

Cyclone headers The #3 tube will not allow easy access to the spark plugs on #5 and #7 cylinders or anything else for that matter. If you have a col shift auto be prepared to be hammering and heating collectors for room even after flipping the shift bracket. Hookers are my choice and even they don't always fit correctly. in every case
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 05:37 PM

'Hookers are my choice and even they don't always fit correctly. in every case'

Yeah, especially when you got to surface the flanges for trueness, and fit 'em multiple times...

Been on for a lot of years, but what a giant PITA to get there...

(All K-frames are not created equal)...

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/06/12 11:51 PM

If I want to use these, should I get them media blasted and ceramic coated or just hit them with some high temperature paint?

They look to be in good shape. They were last on a car in 1977 and for not that long of time.
Posted By: MY340

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 12:49 AM

I had a set of Cyclone headers and Purple Hornie mufflers on a 1969 Camaro SS back in the late 70's.

Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 03:31 AM

Quote:

I had a set of Cyclone headers and Purple Hornie mufflers on a 1969 Camaro SS back in the late 70's.

I helped a buddy put a set of Cyclone headers and Purple Hornies on a '70 Duster 340 when I was in high school. Headers were a PITA to get in, (it would have helped if we had known what we were doing) and it was almost impossible to keep the 5 and 7 plug wires from burning off. The Purple Hornies were LOUD.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 01:42 PM

I had a set.Had a set of Appliance also.The Appliance had a square 4 bolt flange for the collectors.Fit in my 65 BB pretty easy.I cant remember what set I have in the garage now.Went with CPPAs {now TTI} when they first came out.Still on and solid after all these years.Rocky
Posted By: bigblock340power

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 02:17 PM

I remember getting a set for my '71 RR. Fell right in (always had sealing problems though). No purple hornies, I ran Hush Thrush! Loved that sound.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-THRUSH-HUSH...=item5d33863bfc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13988857@N00/6501720253/
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 02:37 PM

Even Moparmark was sportin a mullet back when cyclone headers were out!
Posted By: Von

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 03:38 PM

I still have a set. They fit pretty decent, and dont leak. Not a bad set of headers...
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 06:52 PM

Quote:

Now if your girlfriend still had the T-shirt, that would be something...
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Anyone Ever Hear Of Cyclone Headers? - 11/07/12 08:45 PM

Back in the early 70's I put a T/A motor in my old 64 Dart with the 273 manifolds,T/A manifolds wouldn't fit.Put on a set of Cyclone fender well headers with 32" equal length tube and 3 i/2" collecetors,was like adding another 100HP.
© 2024 Moparts Forums