Moparts

Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop?

Posted By: ScottG

Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop? - 11/01/12 10:23 PM

Hi Guys, my uncle is putting a Demon dual snorkle fiberglass hood scoop on his 73 Duster. He was told the holes under the scoop are supposed to be 4 in diameter. He has purchased two gaskets for them. He wants to make sure this is correct. Does anyone know the size and position of the two holes under the hood scoop. He wants it to look like it was a factory option for the 73 Duster.

Thanks Scott!
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop? - 11/02/12 02:53 AM

I can't say for sure if the holes are 4 inches or not, but they had gaskets just for that. It has been almost 40 years since I did the same thing to my Demon. I bought the gaskets that were made for the holes. I believe the holes were cut so they missed the cross bracing under the hood. Not sure but I think they can only go in between the bracing, so, I don't think there was an exact measurement taken, just so it fit in the space. Now that doesn't mean mine were in the right place, but they were over top of the carb. Hope that helps.
Posted By: PAULS_340

Re: Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop? - 11/02/12 02:57 AM

The holes 4 1/8" and it's easy to see where the holes go based on the cutout section on the cross-member
Posted By: PAULS_340

Re: Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop? - 11/03/12 12:24 AM

pic might help

Attached picture 7446385-AbodyHoodscoopgaskets.jpg
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop? - 11/03/12 01:01 AM

That pic is of a 71 with the two scoops. He needs a pic of a 72 or 73 with that style scoop. My car is missing the gaskets, but I found this pic on the web.

Posted By: ScottG

Re: Demon Dual Snorkle Hood Scoop? - 11/03/12 12:53 PM

Thanks Guys, this info helps alot.

Thanks Again
Scott
© 2024 Moparts Forums