Moparts

Headlights??

Posted By: busboy

Headlights?? - 10/30/12 10:56 PM

Anyone using the HID style lights? Thinking about a mod for the Dart, seen a few that I like, a few I didn't. Just wondering how they work, my electrical system is stock 1972.
Posted By: bp27

Re: Headlights?? - 10/30/12 11:12 PM

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/HID.html
Posted By: busboy

Re: Headlights?? - 10/31/12 02:30 AM

Thanks for the link, good read. Would the Bee in my attachment have HID lights then? I think they call them halo lights. Probably not a daily driver anyway, but I don't mind that look. Is there any other style of light that would update the look of the Dart and still be functional?

Attached picture 7441905-MutantBee.jpg
Posted By: 471Magnum

Re: Headlights?? - 10/31/12 04:29 AM

Pretty simple rule regarding aftermarket lighting, specifically headlamps:

If it doesn't have a DOT/FMVSS or ECE (E-code) certification, it's probably crap.

OEM lamps go through a ridiculous amount of performance and durability testing before they are deemed safe (particularly for oncoming drivers) and reliable. The aftermarket typically bypasses this testing.
Posted By: DartGTDan

Re: Headlights?? - 11/01/12 01:19 AM

Quote:

...Is there any other style of light that would update the look of the Dart and still be functional?

busboy,

I found and installed a set of 2012 Jeep Wrangler headlamps for my 1971 Dart GT. Removed the old headlamp and install the Wrangler unit. No mechanical modifications necessary. I used some "male" terminals to plug into the vehicle's existing headlamp connectors (it's all plug and play if I ever want to return to stock).

Dan
Posted By: 1974Cuda360

Re: Headlights?? - 11/01/12 08:01 PM

Please post some pics of the 2012 Jeep Wrangler headlamps installed in your Dart. And, give us more details on any difference this change made to night driving and high beams.
© 2024 Moparts Forums