Moparts

FuelLine diamter question.

Posted By: TheBlueBeast

FuelLine diamter question. - 10/27/12 12:17 AM

OK I am being really lazy here. I want to check and see IF the local chain parts store has new fuel line so i can replace the rubber ones on TBB that can stand E-15 with no worries of the lines getting eaten.
That being said. I think it is 3/8 diameter but I may be wrong. It is a 440 factory car for those who are unaware.
So am I right 3/8 or is it 5/16?
Thanks
Kevin
edited because I am stupid. See post below.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: FuelLine diamter question. - 10/27/12 02:22 AM

Quote:

OK I am being really lazy here. I want to check and see IF the local chain parts store has new fuel line so i can replace the rubber ones on TBB that can stand E-85 with no worries of the lines getting eaten.
That being said. I think it is 3/8 diameter but I may be wrong. It is a 440 factory car for those who are unaware.
So am I right 3/8 or is it 5/16?
Thanks Kevin

Measure the inside diameter and then decide what out what you want to do I would probally replace it with 1/2 inch line and the pick up also, especially using E85
Posted By: TheBlueBeast

Re: FuelLine diamter question. - 10/27/12 02:26 AM

I misspoke. I mean to be able to use regular unleaded that has ethanol in it. I have seen a few guys get bit during storage. I will correct the post.
Sorry.
I meant E-15. I forgot that it is percentage of ethanol not percentage of gasoline.
Posted By: therocks

Re: FuelLine diamter question. - 10/27/12 08:30 PM

If you use rubber use fuel injection hose.Its more but will stand up.Standard 440 should be 5/16s.I believe only Hemis and 6 packs got 3/8s.Rocky
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: FuelLine diamter question. - 10/27/12 10:56 PM

Quote:

If you use rubber use fuel injection hose.Its more but will stand up.Standard 440 should be 5/16s.I believe only Hemis and 6 packs got 3/8s.Rocky

© 2024 Moparts Forums