Moparts

engine install methods?

Posted By: gremlinsteve

engine install methods? - 10/04/12 05:46 AM

who here has installed a engine / trans in there b bodies without the use of a lift? im reffering to coming in from the bottom on this.

having the motor and trans mounted to a k member anready

it will be my first time doing it this way and im thinking i can get it done with the use of a cherry picker or overhead hoist.

what say you smart guys?/

steve
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 05:48 AM

It's been done by lots of us. The first time I did it was because all I had was three floor jacks and no cherry picker and no help...

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 05:50 AM

any tips?

im thinking of making a cradle for the k member with rollers...something simple that i can roll.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 05:55 AM

I did it through the bottom but still used my cherry picker to do it.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 05:56 AM

Quote:

any tips?

im thinking of making a cradle for the k member with rollers...something simple that i can roll.

$20 (or less) 1000lb furniture dolly from HF with a couple of 2x6 blocks does the trick.

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 06:01 AM

awesome idea. i just bought you a beer....sometime in the future...i would have not thought about that.

steve
Posted By: copper67440

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 06:17 AM

I did it. I made a cradle and set the whole thing on that rolled it under the car, lowered the car then pulled the engine up with a cherry picker. The trans was mounted to. All by myself.
Posted By: 64Post

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 08:12 AM

Quote:

who here has installed a engine / trans in there b bodies without the use of a lift? im reffering to coming in from the bottom on this.

having the motor and trans mounted to a k member anready

it will be my first time doing it this way and im thinking i can get it done with the use of a cherry picker or overhead hoist.

what say you smart guys?/

steve

Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 08:57 AM

About 20 minutes to stuff a Hemi in an A-body. Just in time to get tacos for lunch!

Attached picture 7406542-Untitled-7.jpg
Posted By: Kirby

Re: engine install methods? - 10/04/12 09:29 AM

Know anyone with an ATV lift? Works great!
© 2024 Moparts Forums