Moparts

Repro Cuda Rear Louvers?

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Repro Cuda Rear Louvers? - 09/22/12 11:58 PM

Just wondering how you would compare the rear window louvers for a 70-72 Cuda from Dales Cuda Shop & the ones Gene Gregory makes? Gene's are around $1,000, & the ones from Dales are $600.00.

Any input welcomed thanks.
Posted By: swapman

Re: Repro Cuda Rear Louvers? - 09/23/12 12:26 AM

Personaly, I would never deal with Gregory again. Won't return calls, took a lifetime to do my shaker. Was just a outright pain in the backside.. I could go on about my experiences, but it would earn me a permanent vacation from MOPARTS. Will this sufffice $%&#@!* Gene Gregory.
Bought a set from Dales and they look and fit perfect. No worries here. They make their own and stand behind. I would highly reccomend them.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Repro Cuda Rear Louvers? - 09/23/12 02:15 AM

x2

Stay far away from Gene
Posted By: 71redcuda

Re: Repro Cuda Rear Louvers? - 09/23/12 08:59 AM

Nice for me to see this thread..My cuda already got louvers from Gene when i bought the car.But they fit so bad!I contacted Gene about it,he promissed to send another set to switch with...But i needed to send back my old set and pay for the shipping cost.. And its nothing that says the next louvers set will fit better on my car.Plus the holes for the hinges and pins are already drilled on the car now.
Asked him several time if his louvers is test fitted on an actual car so there is no air gap between roof and louvers in the corners..got no answer from him yet.

What other companies,make these louver kits now? Besides Dale.
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: Repro Cuda Rear Louvers? - 09/23/12 02:06 PM

71redcuda-do you need them for your 71 car-is it optioned with louvers? if so i have an original set i might part with but they must go to a correctly optioned car. sorry i don`t have the textured window trim.
all the best
frank.
© 2024 Moparts Forums