Moparts

Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter?

Posted By: Triggerfish

Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/11/08 04:27 AM

I want to replace the K&N in my Challenger's hemi.
Are K&N and Fram the only 2 manufacturers of the 2x4 air filters?
Posted By: hemi471

Re: Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/11/08 11:05 AM

No, Amsoil also makes one. Well at least they did. I bought one about 2 years ago.
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/11/08 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info. Checked out Amsoil's website & no air filter available. I guess I'll have to go w/ Fram.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/11/08 04:04 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Checked out Amsoil's website & no air filter available. I guess I'll have to go w/ Fram.

What's wrong with the Fram unless they are making them over there now also ?

Be happy they make it again or else your only choice would be the K+N , or trying to find some old stock.

I have a bunch of these filters I've collected over the years , a couple K+N's , an NOS FRAM , couple or replacent black Fram's and the repops ... enough to last 2 lifetimes .
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/11/08 04:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What's wrong with the Fram unless they are making them over there now also ?

Be happy they make it again or else your only choice would be the K+N , or trying to find some old stock.

I have a bunch of these filters I've collected over the years , a couple K+N's , an NOS FRAM , couple or replacent black Fram's and the repops ... enough to last 2 lifetimes .

Me too. I thought Fram stopped making them at one point and I panicked! Oh well, I shouldn't need to buy another one.

Dave
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/11/08 05:45 PM

With most of my customers. Intall a K+N to drive it and Fram when at shows. With 1 of each you'll never need another filter.

Also I believe the only filter avail for the chrome dome hemi is the K+N
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Are K&N and Fram the only 426 hemi air filter? - 11/12/08 03:54 AM

Quote:

With most of my customers. Intall a K+N to drive it and Fram when at shows. With 1 of each you'll never need another filter.

Also I believe the only filter avail for the chrome dome hemi is the K+N

Bill he has a challenger so it's not a chrome dome , but yoy are correct , K+N only for the chrome dome
© 2024 Moparts Forums