Moparts

inside water leak

Posted By: roy2345

inside water leak - 08/20/12 02:51 AM

I have a 70 satellite and it leaks water in the dash when it rains and when i wash the car. I replaced the wiper gaskets and all and it still leaks inside. I do know that it comes out the drivers inside vent whether its closed or open. And it comes out on passenger side. Anyone have any idea what is causing this problem?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: inside water leak - 08/20/12 03:13 AM

windshield gasket. cowl area (upper firewall)

Re: inside water leak - 08/20/12 03:47 AM

Been replaced by the glass guy. But itnleaks when the water gets in the cowl vents. Is there a rust prone area in the firewall?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: inside water leak - 08/20/12 01:56 PM

Quote:

Is there a rust prone area in the firewall?

Yes , the bottom of the cowl can rot if it gets filled with leaves and/or pine needles and dirt , water can't drain and the poor protection originally applied to that surface is compromised.
Posted By: VL21

Re: inside water leak - 08/20/12 02:58 PM

Not sure of B bodies, but on my A there is a lip, about 1 or 1-1/2" tall above the floor of the cowl, for a water dam sort of thing, surrounding the opening for the vent, and mine had rusted mostly away, contributing greatly to the non existant right floor pan...
Not sure how the B is attached, on my A the heater/right vent are attached by(among other things) "J" bolts, IIRC.
If the water is dripping from the inside of your vent, I would look here.

Attached picture 7342695-codger.gif
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: inside water leak - 08/20/12 03:28 PM

B body has the same lip .

Re: inside water leak - 08/21/12 01:55 AM

Thanks willook there and report back this week....thanks guys!
© 2024 Moparts Forums