Moparts

Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody

Posted By: 79machocharger

Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/03/12 07:12 PM

Found a good deal on a set of nice tti headers for an abody and was wondering if theres any way these will fit an ebody?
Thanks for any help
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/03/12 07:23 PM

I would think they would as they would fit a little tighter to the engine in the A body , but if that were the case TTi wouldn't have made them chassis specific ???
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/03/12 08:05 PM

Just some ideas/guesses on areas of concern...

-The motor mounts are way different A to B/E body. Just one thing poking out in the wrong direction could justify a specific design.

-I think the suspension linkage on an E/B body sets further forward or there is more room for the header/headpipes to move back. This is why you can run long quick ratio "T/A" pitmans and idlers on a E/B with stone stock and some headers. But on an A-body you can't, the pitman/idleer/centerlink will run into the headpipe or header down tubes.

-Also IF (just an IF) the engine sit for and aft different in relationship between the steering box there could be an issue there too between A and B/E. The TTI headers snake around the steering box, especially power steering.

Now, maybe there is still room on a E/B for these A-body headers without long pitman. I dunno. Just suggesting those are three areas that jump out at me for concern that you might start measuring first.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/03/12 08:12 PM

Quote:

Found a good deal on a set of nice tti headers for an abody and was wondering if theres any way these will fit an ebody?
Thanks for any help

Small block? Big block?
Posted By: west

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 12:58 AM

No they won't work.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 01:08 AM

Posted By: 5spdcuda

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 02:00 AM

If it's a small block than the passenger sides are the same. The driver's side is different enough that it won't fit. When my Duster got totaled I saved the headers for my 'Cuda. TTI sold me a driver's side header for half the price of a full set.
Posted By: Crazy68Dart

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 02:17 AM

Call TTI and ask them.

If they worked, I would imagine they would sell the same P/N for multiple chassis.
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 01:54 PM

Ask the manufacturer? Way too simple!
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 02:40 PM

TTI small block from Mancini's
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/tutesmbl1rah.html

TTI step headers
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/tutesmblshe.html

63 to 66 A body headers
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/tute63asmblh.html
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/04/12 07:05 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any help

Ryan,

You have a PM and email about a friend who may be able to help.
Posted By: 79machocharger

Re: Is there any way abody tti header will work on a ebody - 08/05/12 02:12 PM

Called tti and talked to them, and actually ended up ordering a new set through them for an ebody as they said the abody ones there is no way to make them work.
© 2024 Moparts Forums