Moparts

A12 Mod Top Bee

Posted By: B5Superbird

A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/01/12 07:08 PM

I'm looking for information on the F6 A12 Mod Top Super Bee. Where it is now, current condition? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: mymcodebee

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/01/12 08:01 PM

I believe it was Stewpar (?) a member on here that has some info on the car. I think I remember it from a prior post. I could be wrong on the member but that rings a bell. From what I remember until the owner makes the car visible again I don't believe much info was or will be divulged on it besides the fact that it has been restored..
Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 12:28 AM

Go to mooresmopars.com and click on the mod top icon. He has a registry there for mod tops.
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 02:48 AM

Quote:

I believe it was Stewpar (?) a member on here that has some info on the car. I think I remember it from a prior post. I could be wrong on the member but that rings a bell. From what I remember until the owner makes the car visible again I don't believe much info was or will be divulged on it besides the fact that it has been restored..

You are correct sir, the car resides in Wisconsin. I haven't talked to the owner in a few years though. He pulled it out of the junk yard up in Canada many moons ago............
Posted By: Devil

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 03:30 AM

That's a car I would love to see first hand before restoration.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 04:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You are correct sir, the car resides in Wisconsin. I haven't talked to the owner in a few years though. He pulled it out of the junk yard up in Canada many moons ago............

If this is the car you are refering to it came out of a yard in Ohio,it actually sat in my driveway on a rollback for a short period of time before it went to Canada.

Attached picture 7317837-Picture1100.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 04:22 AM

I still find it amazing that every time this car comes up in a thread, nobody has a remotely current picture of it or any real info on its state of resto or lack there of. This car IS the rarest A12 car of any kind. Inquiring minds want to know !!!

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 11:40 AM

Yes that's the car i'm talking about. I know it was here in Canada for awhile, then it sold again.. I'm trying to track it down.. Has it been restored yet? or is it in the same shape as it was then? What documentation is with the car? Does any of the original drive train exist?

Thanks

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 03:26 PM

Quote:

I still find it amazing that every time this car comes up in a thread, nobody has a remotely current picture of it or any real info on its state of resto or lack there of. This car IS the rarest A12 car of any kind. Inquiring minds want to know !!!

Exactly, just like I did with the 72 V-code car... I should shoot this car...

Ryan
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 09:00 PM

Hard to tell from that pic, but is it a WM21?
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 09:10 PM

I believe this is the same car as I remeber saving this pictures off of another modtop A12 thread.
Matt

Attached picture 7318754-modbee_001.jpg

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 09:14 PM

Thanks, WM23 car. WOW, that sucker took a hard hit!
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 09:23 PM

A buddy of mine looked at the car while it was in Canada. IIRC it was being offered with NOS mod top material. My buddy was convinced that the car was too far gone and passed. I'd love to see an update too!
KID

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 09:41 PM

I "had" about a half dozen pictures of it on the rollback,if I can find them I'll post them,then you can see how bad it really was.If I remember correctly,it was around 1989/90.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 10:03 PM

Looks like that car would be a good canidate for that complete 69 coronet r/t quarter panel that was in the WIW section a while back.
Matt
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 10:32 PM

US Car Tool 'body in white'.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/02/12 10:56 PM

Kevin purchased the car in around 1998 or so. It's been quite some time since I have seen him or the car since he moved about an hour or so from here. It did come with a complete NOS roll of Mod Top material, and that was a sight to behold for sure. To say the car was "rough" is the uderstatement of the year. He had perfect low mileage original paint coronet parked in his garage. The car has not surfaced and or been talke about in quite some time now..........
Posted By: Furyman

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/03/12 01:50 PM

Somewhere i've got a photo of that car when it was new....met the original owner.I hauled that car from Ohio to Ontario behind my 74 Town and Country and it sat in my jy for a couple of years.It had 28,000 miles on it when it was written off.The only usable unibody parts were the rear rails,overaxle pan and rockers.Surprisingly enough the original hood (which was painted F6 when found) was near mint.WM21M9A271344.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/03/12 05:05 PM

Quote:

Somewhere i've got a photo of that car when it was new....met the original owner.I hauled that car from Ohio to Ontario behind my 74 Town and Country and it sat in my jy for a couple of years.It had 28,000 miles on it when it was written off.The only usable unibody parts were the rear rails,overaxle pan and rockers.Surprisingly enough the original hood (which was painted F6 when found) was near mint.WM21M9A271344.

Is it a 21 or 23?
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/03/12 08:37 PM

WM21

Attached picture 7320316-WM21M9A271344-detail.jpg
Posted By: superbeeman69

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/03/12 11:00 PM

Wow that's a hard hit! Probably as bad as the triple black 70 hemi superbee sold new here in Winnipeg. The one with the gator grain top. It was hit with a grain truck too.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/03/12 11:15 PM

This A12 Modtop that Furyman brought back to Canada has had quite a few restoration dreams turn to nightmares. A few have gathered a collection of parts that would of nearly made this car come back to life. It is a real ruff tuff project and it will likely see another body take its place from what I have seen of this car over the years. If it did not have the one option the Mod Top it would likely be running around as a Honda by now.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/08/12 04:47 PM

If anyone knows who has the car now... let me know please. If it is in Wisconsin, I'd like to take some pictures.

Thank you,

Ryan
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
Posted By: A12

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/08/12 05:39 PM

Quote:

Was there ever a broadcast sheet or fender tag to confirm an assembly line installed mod-top? Just wondering with an F6 painted original lift-off-hood and only 28,000 miles on the odo what else may have been "day-2" on it?

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/08/12 08:48 PM

That's what i'd like to know.. Still Waiting for a couple of e-mails..
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/08/12 09:18 PM

It would be cool for the owner to send information to the A12 Registry, tell the story about it and submit any new photos for the web page.
http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/index.html
Registration form: http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/form.html

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/09/12 12:40 AM

Was there ever a broadcast sheet or fender tag to confirm an assembly line installed mod-top?

Fender tag no broadcast.It was a real Mod Top A12.When it re appears it will be a rebody.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/09/12 02:27 AM

A12 (Mike),your PM box is full.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 02:18 AM

Quote:

I "had" about a half dozen pictures of it on the rollback,if I can find them I'll post them,then you can see how bad it really was.If I remember correctly,it was around 1989/90.

Bump to see if you had ever had time to find those other pictures?
Thank you, Matt

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 03:17 AM

That Bee was never on a rollback....it came home on an open trailer behind my 74 T & C.I think Bill is getting the Bee mixed up with the 70 Road Runner we pulled out of the same yard on one of the earlier failed attempts to purchase the Mod Top.The Runner was a beat B5 hardtop 383 4 gear 3.91 car.No motor/trans,the rad (956) was with it as well as the 391's.We offered 1K on the Bee ....yard owner refused the offer but sold us the Runner for $400.Next trip we offered $1200 on the Bee -refused again so we bought a V code 70 Runner Coupe with the Hemi 4 gear in the trunk and the 410 Dana still under it.Car was complete with air grabber just no engine....the price $600.Those were the days lol.Heres a shot of the top on the Bee while it was in the yard...It's really faded.Every spring this yard flooded out..there was a mud line almost to the top of the dash.I have a VHS tape we made of the Bee ...need to get someone to digitize it and put it on You Tube.

Attached picture 7332878-WM21M9A.jpg

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 01:39 PM

Thanks for the additional picture and info.
Matt

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 01:58 PM

Quote:

That Bee was never on a rollback....it came home on an open trailer behind my 74 T & C.I think Bill is getting the Bee mixed up with the 70 Road Runner we pulled out of the same yard on one of the earlier failed attempts to purchase the Mod Top.The Runner was a beat B5 hardtop 383 4 gear 3.91 car.No motor/trans,the rad (956) was with it as well as the 391's.We offered 1K on the Bee ....yard owner refused the offer but sold us the Runner for $400.Next trip we offered $1200 on the Bee -refused again so we bought a V code 70 Runner Coupe with the Hemi 4 gear in the trunk and the 410 Dana still under it.Car was complete with air grabber just no engine....the price $600.Those were the days lol.Heres a shot of the top on the Bee while it was in the yard...It's really faded.Every spring this yard flooded out..there was a mud line almost to the top of the dash.I have a VHS tape we made of the Bee ...need to get someone to digitize it and put it on You Tube.

Nigel,at my age I even get my days mixed up !
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 02:16 PM

Bill post some pictures of the Runner if you have them that Furyman picked up. I am interested in how he strapped the car down. Always an adventure with Nigel and after seeing the way he transported his 68 Coronet Convertable to his new shop from the old shop in Canada and that was not a short drive, I am wondering if he topped that move.Pun intended Nigel. Even the Police wanted nothing to do with you that day.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 02:28 PM

Quote:

Bill post some pictures of the Runner if you have them that Furyman picked up. I am interested in how he strapped the car down. Always an adventure with Nigel and after seeing the way he transported his 68 Coronet Convertable to his new shop from the old shop in Canada and that was not a short drive, I am wondering if he topped that move.Pun intended Nigel. Even the Police wanted nothing to do with you that day.

If we could only find Ingo !!
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/13/12 07:51 PM

Nigel, you really got to put that whole story together along with the pics and the video. After you get it in a magazine, you could contribute it to the Registry. We'll make room for it.

Dave
Posted By: *440-6BBL*

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/14/12 04:37 AM

Quote:

Nigel, you really got to put that whole story together along with the pics and the video. After you get it in a magazine, you could contribute it to the Registry. We'll make room for it.

Dave

X2

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/26/12 04:38 AM

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/27/14 07:49 AM

Still looking...

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/27/14 02:21 PM

I was talking to Nigel about this car at Moparfest. It would be nice to see it surface. Also nice to see more pics and video.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/27/14 02:41 PM

Quote:

I was talking to Nigel about this car at Moparfest. It would be nice to see it surface. Also nice to see more pics and video.

It's up here. My friend has a fall car show at his house every year, so I will see if anybody remembers Kevin's last name and whereabouts..........

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/27/14 05:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's up here. My friend has a fall car show at his house every year, so I will see if anybody remembers Kevin's last name and whereabouts..........

Cool I can understand if the would like to stay out of the spotlight but an update or even a pic would be grand.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/27/14 07:18 PM

Hmm, toasted rare car goes to Canada? cough...rebody...cough

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/27/14 07:25 PM

Quote:

Did you read where it is back in the states? Somewhere in WI.
Posted By: moparo

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/28/14 03:45 AM

Is the car a stick or auto?

Nigel if you want I can have the VHS transfered for you for free.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/29/14 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Did you read where it is back in the states? Somewhere in WI.

Did you read this?-

"Yes that's the car i'm talking about. I know it was here in Canada for awhile, then it sold again.."
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/30/14 07:37 AM

Quote:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a VIN to this car. IIRC it carried a price of 4K on it when my buddy looked at it.
I think this is a car that absolutely must be saved even if it's a rebody.
KID
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 08/30/14 05:23 PM

Quote:

KID

????? If it's rebodied, it's not 'saved'.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/07/15 05:36 PM

I have modtop on the brain today...I thought I'd bump this one back to the top...

Dave
Posted By: mopar346

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/07/15 06:29 PM

Very cool car.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/07/15 06:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

KID

Exactly.
Concidering, what was left, it can only be a recreation at best.
However, given the rarity of the car, a rebody would be justified.
Assuming the fact was made known, nobody would object.
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/08/15 02:35 AM

Quote:

However, given the rarity of the car, a rebody would be justified.
Assuming the fact was made known, nobody would object.

Just to be clear.....

are you serious?
Posted By: mopargem

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/08/15 02:48 AM

I just scored a 69 Mod Top Bee F6 wht bucket seat interior. Numbers matching 383 and 727 with original fender tag and broadcast sheet. Looks good and drives great. The car has a replacement white top. First looking at the fender tag I was puzzled by the vinyl top code expecting a W and at the time had no idea what the H was for. I dont think the seller had any idea its a mod top car but probably didnt care. It looks great as is but I'll be putting the correct top back on. Any leads on NOS material please contact me.

Attached picture 8422329-modtopbeehome(Small).jpg
Posted By: moparjimm

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/08/15 09:32 AM

We where going for a modtop on our car also, tried Ledgenary, so such luck. What we(my wife) did was go to a sign shop and have them scan the main pattern(of her own design) and repeat it to make 2 vinyl wrap sheets. Please remember, this is a custom, on her 70 RR, yes I know before all of you get sideways, this is a customized RR(ModTopBird). The best part is, it can be taken off with no side affects. But of course with your car, you would need the real deal!!!
Jim/moparjimm

Attached picture 8422585-ourcars016.jpg
Posted By: Abodysforever

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/11/15 01:03 AM

I too would live to see any pictures and info on this car.

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/11/15 02:51 PM

Quote:

We where going for a modtop on our car also, tried Ledgenary, so such luck. What we(my wife) did was go to a sign shop and have them scan the main pattern(of her own design) and repeat it to make 2 vinyl wrap sheets. Please remember, this is a custom, on her 70 RR, yes I know before all of you get sideways, this is a customized RR(ModTopBird). The best part is, it can be taken off with no side affects. But of course with your car, you would need the real deal!!!
Jim/moparjimm

That is a neat idea...what did it cost you to do that? I agree not the best place for an original car but for a custom...

Dave
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/11/15 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

KID

Sure it is - they were all the same sheetmetal when they came down the line. Sounds like this car needed all the metal replaced in order to resurrect it. What would you have with this car all patchwork-quilted with metal off other cars - besides $20,000 in labor to cut & weld everything? What - if you saved 2 original frame rails it would be considered original restored?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/11/15 07:10 PM

Quote:

????? if it's rebodied, it's not 'saved'

Sure it is - they were all the same sheetmetal when they came down the line. Sounds like this car needed all the metal replaced in order to resurrect it. What would you have with this car all patchwork-quilted with metal off other cars - besides $20,000 in labor to cut & weld everything? What - if you saved 2 original frame rails it would be considered original restored?

Agreed....
Posted By: Stanton

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/11/15 10:32 PM

A wise man once told me "its only original once" !

Tell me what the difference is if:
a) you cut the numbers and tags out of the original car and properly attach them to a "re-body"
OR
b) you use the original rad support, dash and rear drip rails and attach all new sheet metal to them
Posted By: booger

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 12:15 AM

If it's rebodied it's not saved it's recreated. It's simple guys, look up the words in a dictionary.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 12:22 AM

OMG here we go again;

- if you swap all the parts onto another unibody but don't swap the body stamps or VIN, it's a clone.

- if you cut the numbers and weld them onto another unibody, it's a rebody not an original car.

- if you put a trunk floor and some quarter skins on to repair some rust it's a repair, not a rebody.

.....attempting to define a "rebody" as anywhere between those two last examples will generate a

Dave

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 12:46 AM

Quote:

It's only about 20 minutes from you........

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 12:57 AM

Quote:

OMG here we go again;

- if you swap all the parts onto another unibody but don't swap the body stamps or VIN, it's a clone.

- if you cut the numbers and weld them onto another unibody, it's a rebody not an original car.

- if you put a trunk floor and some quarter skins on to repair some rust it's a repair, not a rebody.

.....attempting to define a "rebody" as anywhere between those two last examples will generate a

Dave

OK wait. It's 1972 & your wife is driving the '70 Hemi Roadrunner to the grocery store & she gets in a wreck. The upper rail of the radiator support & the left rear quarter panel (among other things) need to be replaced. Car goes into the body shop & they replace sheetmetal with new stuff from Chrysler - nobody even knows or cares about the numbers stamped in these places, so nothing gets "transferred" in the process. Original bent sheetmetal with these numbers gets trashed by the body shop. Oops! Not a real Hemi Roadrunner anymore!

In my book, here's a re-creation or a made-from-nothing car: Guy buys a 1970 318 Challenger. He pulls the drivetrain & drops in a 440, adds the R/T hood, adds rear valence with cutouts, the proper torsion bars, springs, brakes, rally gauges, etc. Then he has fender tags made to match what he built, & maybe he even has the vin tag from a wrecked car on a dash pad & title. OK, this car was made from something that no longer existed so this car would not be "real" in my book. Does someone make dash vin tags? For any price? Well, you need a title to match that, so that would be tough. Currently, I have a title for a 1970 Challenger R/T from an Arizona wrecking yard from back in the 80's. What if I gave it to someone & they decided to make a car to match that tag? Now I know that car was junked a long time ago so if someone had the title & tags & they resurrected it, it would be a fake in my book.

This wrecked Mod Top car was still in existence (assuming all the content in this thread is true which I assume it is) so it is a REAL car, but in very bad shape. What do you do? Crush it? If you took the rubble to a place like Roger Gibson Restoration & said "RESTORE IT - PRICE DOES NOT MATTER" I guarantee someone would make it like new again. And it would be a REAL car, not a new creation. If they re-bodied the car, transferred the numbers so you couldn't tell, but told you they did not re-body it, how could you tell? Would this make it any less real?
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 01:01 AM

Why would that '70 not be considered a Hemi Road Runner anymore? Or was that a tongue-and-cheek rhetorical comment?
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

OMG here we go again;

Dave

OK wait. It's 1972 & your wife is driving the '70 Hemi Roadrunner to the grocery store & she gets in a wreck. The upper rail of the radiator support & the left rear quarter panel (among other things) need to be replaced. Car goes into the body shop & they replace sheetmetal with new stuff from Chrysler - nobody even knows or cares about the numbers stamped in these places, so nothing gets "transferred" in the process. Original bent sheetmetal with these numbers gets trashed by the body shop. Oops! Not a real Hemi Roadrunner anymore!

In my book, here's a re-creation or a made-from-nothing car: Guy buys a 1970 318 Challenger. He pulls the drivetrain & drops in a 440, adds the R/T hood, adds rear valence with cutouts, the proper torsion bars, springs, brakes, rally gauges, etc. Then he has fender tags made to match what he built, & maybe he even has the vin tag from a wrecked car on a dash pad & title. OK, this car was made from something that no longer existed so this car would not be "real" in my book. Does someone make dash vin tags? For any price? Well, you need a title to match that, so that would be tough. Currently, I have a title for a 1970 Challenger R/T from an Arizona wrecking yard from back in the 80's. What if I gave it to someone & they decided to make a car to match that tag? Now I know that car was junked a long time ago so if someone had the title & tags & they resurrected it, it would be a fake in my book.

This wrecked Mod Top car was still in existence (assuming all the content in this thread is true which I assume it is) so it is a REAL car, but in very bad shape. What do you do? Crush it? If you took the rubble to a place like Roger Gibson Restoration & said "RESTORE IT - PRICE DOES NOT MATTER" I guarantee someone would make it like new again. And it would be a REAL car, not a new creation. If they re-bodied the car, transferred the numbers so you couldn't tell, but told you they did not re-body it, how could you tell? Would this make it any less real?

See, I told you;

I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. The Hemi RR in your first example would remain a Hemi RR (I should have mentioned the VIN swap as a key rebody point) albeit one that takes a significant value hit 45 years later for not having the body numbers! However the non-disclosed rebody, wouldn't be a "real" car anymore IMO....at least not according to any definition that *I'm* comfortable with.

All I was really saying is that there will NEVER be any agreement on where the "restoration by rebody" line-in-the-sand resides. Personally, If you can use more than 50 percent of the original unibody, I would consider that the car may not be a rebody....others have wildly different definitions;....from "if you change a fender it's a rebody" all the way to "there is nothing wrong with welding in a 6" section of the body containing the stamp and using some new rivits to move the VIN over".

...even if you have a definition YOU can agree to yourself, you'll find a car that straddles that line.

Dave
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 02:57 AM

don't kid yourself ..... everything from bumper to bumper (parts) & broadcast sheet to title (documentation) can be had/created out of thin air (non-authentic).

for example

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/12/15 07:05 PM

Now that we got that outta the way can we get back to regular programming and the Mod Top Bee?

Dave
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/13/15 12:57 AM

Quote:

Now that we got that outta the way can we get back to regular programming and the Mod Top Bee?

Dave

The Mod Top Bee has been in town for years with the same family. It's not an A12 car but it's one you would want to own .
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 02/13/15 01:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It's only about 20 minutes from you........

Anyone else catch this? The A12 Mod Top car?
Posted By: Old buddy

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 09/02/17 05:02 AM

Any news on the mod top A12? The 2nd owner of it lives right up the street from me here in Ohio. I've seen all his pics of it in its early 70s glory. He had a 67 tri power 427 Corvette convertible before he bought the SuperBee. He actually traded a 69 or 70 Mach 1 for it
Posted By: mopargem

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 09/02/17 05:19 AM

It's on the ModTop registry now #129 and in very good hands with one of the top A12 guys anywhere.
Posted By: Big_E

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 09/02/17 09:15 AM

Check the a12 site. There was a write-up that the new owner posted. I can't seem to find it right now.

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 09/02/17 07:29 PM

One of my good friends - a guy that worked for us back in the 80's-90's, had an entire roll of the blue/green Mod Top material. His dad worked for Chrysler back in the glory years & seemed like they were throwing it away so he grabbed some - he got several rolls. They reupholstered their patio furniture with it, but still had a roll left over. He sold it maybe 10 years ago to someone - Legendary did not buy it. Anyway, I still have a 10" x 10" square of it somewhere. This thread is awesome.
Posted By: Big D A12

Re: A12 Mod Top Bee - 09/03/17 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By mopargem
It's on the ModTop registry now #129 and in very good hands with one of the top A12 guys anywhere.

The restoration is underway. My goal is to have this car back together for the 50th A12 anniversary tour in 2019. As everyone knows, it is an extensive project. Two years will go by quickly.

Originally Posted By Old buddy
Any news on the mod top A12? The 2nd owner of it lives right up the street from me here in Ohio. I've seen all his pics of it in its early 70s glory. He had a 67 tri power 427 Corvette convertible before he bought the SuperBee. He actually traded a 69 or 70 Mach 1 for it

PM sent. I would love to speak to him.

DD
© 2024 Moparts Forums