Moparts

Anyone ever had aftermarket wheels narrowed?

Posted By: 1970RT

Anyone ever had aftermarket wheels narrowed? - 11/07/08 02:42 AM

Just curious if anyone has ever had chrome aftermarket wheels narrowed (if it is possible without damaging the chrome)? I am looking for some used chrome wheels that have been discontinued by Cragar (I can't find anyone who has any new ones left in stock) in a 15x5 or 15x6 size and only seem to be able to find 15x7 and 15x8 when I do come across any for sale. So I am wondering if I could take a 15x7 and have it narrowed to a 15x5 or 6. I've heard of wheels being widened before but not narrowed.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Anyone ever had aftermarket wheels narrowed? - 11/07/08 02:55 AM

If they are a two piece welded or riveted wheel you can have the outer hoops replaced entirely.
Posted By: wildman340

Re: Anyone ever had aftermarket wheels narrowed? - 11/07/08 03:33 AM

Email James@weldcraftwheels.com
http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Anyone ever had aftermarket wheels narrowed? - 11/07/08 03:24 PM

thanks, I will look into it for my self also....
Posted By: Joel71

Re: Anyone ever had aftermarket wheels narrowed? - 11/07/08 04:43 PM

I asked this here before and was pointed to Weldcraft. They took 1 inch from the front of my 15x10 wheels to give me 15x9s with the same back space. These are polished aluminum. They were sanded smooth but I still have to polish them back out. I will still sand them smoother so they will buff better. I'm very happy with the job even though the price was a little high. If the cut can be made from the back it would cost less the there wouldn't be an issue with the finish.
I'm sure if chrome wheels have to be cut from the front, the wheel will have to be rechromed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums