Moparts

Mufflers?

Posted By: hemicop

Mufflers? - 07/28/12 10:02 PM

Couldn't think of anywhere else to post this........
Okay, so I'm finally at the point to select mufflers for my Hemi/A-body project. The car is mini-tubbed & has 3 1/2in pipe going back to just where the floorpan starts to rise back near the backseat area. This gives me about 24in (+ or -) for mufflers ending just in front of the axle tubes. Anyone have recommendations (part #) for a muffler that will fit in there? I'm not too worried about noisy (obviously) but want it as tolerable as possible.
Posted By: fluegelmeister

Re: Mufflers? - 07/28/12 10:07 PM

Two Words: Cherry Bomb
Posted By: dhkennedy

Re: Mufflers? - 07/28/12 10:17 PM

Thrush fully welded, Flowmaster styled but half the price. Have two 3 inch on my D100 440 and sounds great.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Mufflers? - 07/28/12 11:15 PM

Still one of my favorite pics.

Posted By: bschargerse

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 12:36 AM

Steve,
it looks too small to be a muffler...
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 01:09 AM

HOOKER AERO CHAMBERS
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 01:18 AM

I run the Dynamax Ultra Flos. 3 1/2" straight-thru pipe and are 19" long. Good stuff.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 02:35 AM

Do a search - mufflers get debated at least 2-3 times a month.

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 03:22 AM

Quote:

Do a search - mufflers get debated at least 2-3 times a month.

True, true.

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 03:23 AM

Quote:

Steve,
it looks too small to be a muffler...

I know it... Right!? lmao
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 08:50 AM

Try Spin Tech

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 04:39 PM

Quote:

Thought of those.............just how loud are they?!?!?!?!

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 05:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thought of those.............just how loud are they?!?!?!?!

I run with no tailpipes, just dumps. They are VERY loud at idle. They are totally obnoxious while on the throttle. However, while cruising down the road at 3,000 rpm, they are not bad at all (inside the car any way). I could post a youtube video, but on the video, you just can't get a "feel" for how loud they actually are. You have to hear it in person. They certainly aren't for everybody and I wouldn't want them on some of my other cars. But I like them on my Road Runner.

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 05:34 PM

Thanks! Well, based solely on the reponses here & elsewhere, I think I've narrowed my search down to 3--- that one, the Hooker Aero0chamber (21507) & the Dynomax 17517. I'll be heading to the muffler shop tomorrow. Thanks!
Posted By: hp383

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 07:43 PM

Don't forget chambered exaust.

Available in short lengths and fit well in tight spots.

Member here sells a nice aluminized product called power sticks.

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 11:15 PM

Quote:

Got a name or website?
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Mufflers? - 07/29/12 11:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Got a name or website?

Member is Sunroofcuda.

Website
http://www.classicchambered.com/
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mufflers? - 07/30/12 12:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks! Well, based solely on the reponses here & elsewhere, I think I've narrowed my search down to 3--- that one, the Hooker Aero0chamber (21507) & the Dynomax 17517. I'll be heading to the muffler shop tomorrow. Thanks!

I used the Magnaflow 14 long x7 inch wide ovals with three inch side inlets and centered outlets, they're mounted between the rear end and the rear bumper, full exhaust from the headers to the muffler ends, no tail pipes at all. I ended up having my BB Dart done the same way, I ordered a three inch kit from Summit and had the local shop mount the muffs behind the rear end just like the Duster is I wanted 3.5 inch pipes and muffs. on my Duster but the shop forgot to order the 3.5 muffs and the mandrel bends to do the car Ended up I ran out of time to wait, we where moving from SO CA to Bend , OR so I let the shop in Hesperia, CA install what they had in stock, three inch pipe and the three inch Magnflows No regrets so far The car will pick up about .04 ET in the 1/8 mile and .2 MPH with the exhaust system removed, 7.01 ET and 100.2 MPH with the exhaust on, 6.97 at 100.4 MPH with it off, not worth the effort in my opinion My Duster(3450 lbs with me in it) runs 9.96 ET in the 1/4 at 134.+ MPH on Oregon pump gas with the air cleaner and that exhaust system on
© 2024 Moparts Forums