Moparts

67 Belvedere air cleaner

Posted By: calsfunrides

67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/20/12 07:05 PM

Dual snorkle air cleaner for a 67 Belvedere II 383---gloss black, flat black or something else??
Thanks

Attached picture 7300732-Mr.Belvedere011.JPG
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/20/12 09:22 PM

http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm
Posted By: calsfunrides

Re: 67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/23/12 04:51 PM

Thanks, I emailed Nick's garage and he said that it could have been either gloss, or satin--I guess we'll just have to pick one!!
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: 67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/23/12 07:22 PM

breather should be black not engine color
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: 67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/24/12 02:29 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I emailed Nick's garage and he said that it could have been either gloss, or satin--I guess we'll just have to pick one!!

For the record, I said Gloss or Semi-Gloss. Satin is a different thing as far as I know. I would probably go with the latter.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/24/12 12:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For the record, I said Gloss or Semi-Gloss. Satin is a different thing as far as I know. I would probably go with the latter.

Based on my air cleaner collection I would have guessed semi-gloss. But I won't say that's accurate because on a 45 year old finish, it's hard to tell. Couple that with the various flavors of semi-gloss black......
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: 67 Belvedere air cleaner - 07/24/12 12:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Based on my air cleaner collection I would have guessed semi-gloss. But I won't say that's accurate because on a 45 year old finish, it's hard to tell. Couple that with the various flavors of semi-gloss black......

My memory says the same thing, semi gloss only from the factory. On occasion back in the day when I was a mechanic you'd open the hood and find some mild customization under the hood, maybe a gloss black air cleaner, always stuck out like a sore thumb.

Robert
© 2024 Moparts Forums