Moparts

Who ships carpet in a flat box?

Posted By: timinator

Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/05/08 03:37 PM

I saw an ad recently in a Mopar mag but now can't seem to find it. They were advertising replacement carpet kits shipped in a flat box so it wasn't all wrinkled and smashed when you tried to install it. The one I got from Year One was rolled up and after 2 years in the car and repeated attempts at gluing it down, it still is balled up. Anybody seen the ad and know who it was for? Thanks
Posted By: 71340vert

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/05/08 03:43 PM

www.ECSautomotive.com
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/05/08 05:14 PM

Quote:

I saw an ad recently in a Mopar mag but now can't seem to find it. They were advertising replacement carpet kits shipped in a flat box so it wasn't all wrinkled and smashed when you tried to install it. The one I got from Year One was rolled up and after 2 years in the car and repeated attempts at gluing it down, it still is balled up. Anybody seen the ad and know who it was for? Thanks

the carpet isn't flat to begin with so how can the box be flat ??? the shipping has to be very $$$$ for that ?
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/05/08 10:50 PM

Of the "probably" thousands of sets of replacement carpets sold and installed this is the first I've ever heard of this.
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 12:57 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4782815&page=0&vc=1

from the Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 12:58 AM

and box will costs 50 bucks to ship.

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 01:10 AM

if you have to have it flat...
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 01:17 AM

I've ordered 3-4 carpets over the years from ACC and all I do is let them sit in the driveway for a few hours in the nice sunshine and have yet to have one roll up.

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 02:11 AM

I wonder if they pin these down or something to keep them from sliding and bunching up when the box is stored upright like that.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 02:15 AM

Quote:

I wonder if they pin these down or something to keep them from sliding and bunching up when the box is stored upright like that.

Follow the link & read about it...they have support stucture in the box & strong thread holding the carpet in place....

Re: Who ships carpet in a flat box? - 11/06/08 02:16 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums