Moparts

Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup

Posted By: dart4forte

Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 06:17 AM

Anyone running an inline duel 4 setup on your small block? If I need some ideas on setting up my throttle cable. The car is a 64 Dart, 273/4 speed.

Attached picture 7276613-27364Dart.JPG
Posted By: DARTH V8Я

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 02:16 PM

slighty modified hemi linkage perhaps? Or summit sells cables/linkages for dual carb setups.
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 04:16 PM

speedway motors also sells universal linkages for lots of different carb setups. if its the throttle cable bracket you need you might have to modify a stock one.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 04:22 PM

Quote:

slighty modified hemi linkage perhaps?...

That is what a friend in Oz did for his 273..

Attached picture 7276968-Picture017.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 04:38 PM

The linkage on that 273 is the Hemi dual 4 design. If you want to run the Hemi linkage it should work as mentioned, with some light mods.

The more expensive/involved route......If you want it to be almost exactly like a Street Hemi you can add the Hemi style linkage arms to your carbs and the progresive linkage rod will work without any mods. The side arms were welded on at the factory (reccomended) but can also be screwed on to the ends of the throttle shafts (use red lock tight if you do!).

Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 04:51 PM

Edelbrock has a kit that is reasonably priced but could be duplicated for less, probably.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7094/?rtype=1

Installation instructions:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/edl-7094-dual_quad_linkage.pdf

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/04/12 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

slighty modified hemi linkage perhaps?...

That is what a friend in Oz did for his 273..

By any chance would you have a close-up shot of the throttle bracket and cable? As far as the linkage I'm leaning toward the hemi style

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/05/12 05:46 PM

Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/05/12 05:50 PM

I just used two rod ends to tie the carbs together ( vac sec holley's)

and a regular lokar kit

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/05/12 06:01 PM

If your intake is a dual plane like the street hemi are use the progressive, if it is not use it one to one, not progressive I've had both types on motors and the single plane dual quad intakes hook up progressive suck bad One to one is way better on them You don't starve the front cylinders near as bad with one to one
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/05/12 08:16 PM

With a low rise, you may be able to get the connection to the pedal off the rear carb and make a bracket using the stock cable.
When I did my tunnel ram, I needed a longer cable so I grabbed a /6 cable and built a bracket. I added an extension to the front carb and an adjustible linkage between the 2 carbs. Seemed to fit the space better, work better and stay in adjustment better that way (pull the front carb arm).
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/05/12 10:12 PM

John, I can shoot a pic of my 6 pac linkage if that would help.

Re: Duel 4 Barrel Small Block Setup - 07/08/12 02:23 AM

Quote:

John, I can shoot a pic of my 6 pac linkage if that would help.

Yes, that would help/ Any pics will help. Also, I've decided to go with thge Lokar setup. Similar to the hemi setup.
© 2024 Moparts Forums