Moparts

Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts

Posted By: MBigDaddyM

Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 06:03 AM

Trying to find out what parts are now being repopped. The last update at least by pic dates is 2002, I emailed Ehrenberg about a possible update, but he might be a little busy with MA. I know AndyF is working on adapters for the 11.75 rotors. Is anyone repopping the pin style calipers and some of the other hard to find parts? -BD
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 07:16 AM

What's hard to find? The A-body spindles are out there and you can use FMJ spindles. I use ONLY FMJ spindles on my stuff anymore, never broke a ball joint from over angling...

If you want the 11.75 rotor, then you need to find the caliper adapter, again, they are out there, not hard to find and pop up for sale.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 11:35 AM

I agree they arent that hard to find.I got a set of A knuckles for free from my buddy at one yard.The taller ones I have on now were 40 bucks for everything from the master to the complete disc setup.I prefer the tall knuckles over the A body ones.Been 10 years and no problems.They pop up for sale here at times also.Rocky
Posted By: 340duster340

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 01:23 PM

pin calipers adapters are harder to find, but the sliders come up fairly regularly.
Posted By: ply64post

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts *DELETED* - 06/24/12 02:27 PM

Post deleted by ply64post
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 05:49 PM

Quote:

After fooling around hunting/buying used parts of which 3/4 had to be discarded I found it more cost/time effective to buy one of the complete kits availiable.Everything new,"every" piece included,just instell and go.

Then you wind up with a GM booster & M/C plus GM calipers & Ford rotors.... Why would you want that? I've got three complete spare 11.75 brake setups setting here, total investment about $100... You just need to learn to ID the parts & keep your eyes open...

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts *DELETED* - 06/24/12 07:13 PM

Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 07:53 PM

I sell a new 11.75" brake kit that uses all Mopar components except the calipers. In addition, I'm having Mopar 11.75" caliper brackets reproduced.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 08:20 PM

Quote:

Now the good part,you have three sets for a $100 investment,what's your price or is the answer "they are not for sale" ?

They aren't for sale, but I rarely sell any of my car parts, but I did give a set to a buddy a few months ago... Why should I learn how to ID them then a) sell them for a profit & have you feel I've taken advantage of you or b) sell they cheap & need to track down more so I can have spares... Do the research, find out hot to ID them & get your own... Or run GM parts & know every old school Mopar guy sees your GM booster & immediately knows you took shortcuts... I have no problem with using GM, Ford or whatever brand parts if it's an upgrade but the GM booster isn't an upgrade it's you being lazy....

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts *DELETED* - 06/24/12 10:54 PM

Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 11:10 PM

One guy has 11.75 brackets on ebay for $175 IIRC.

I'd find the cars those brackets come off of and search them out. If you don't have the time, buy a kit.

Before you buy one of those kits, you might do some research on them too...
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 11:33 PM

Quote:

One guy has 11.75 brackets on ebay for $175 IIRC.

That would be me.
I replied to this posting with a link to the items that i'm currently selling on eBay.
Guess you can't do that here on this board.
Oops, my bad.
A moderator took away my posting.
Search me out.
My user id over there is also hemi71x
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/24/12 11:40 PM

Kinda hard to do all that scrounging when this is available.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1962-74-Mopar-B-E-Body-Front-Disc-Brake-Kit,3793.html
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 01:03 AM

Not when you can still find the parts in yards for under $100. I would also question the source of those spindles...On an A-body you'd still need upper control arms and lower ball joints. The last set I got for free....

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 02:05 AM

I sell the same kit for much less.

The spindles are excellent quality (1 piece steel forgings).

I also make upper ball joint tapered adapters for pre '73 A-bodies.

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts *DELETED* *DELETED* - 06/25/12 02:21 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 02:29 AM

Quote:

I sell the same kit for much less.

The spindles are excellent quality (1 piece steel forgings).

I also make upper ball joint tapered adapters for pre '73 A-bodies.

The spindles are available seperately IIRC...

That seems to be the hangup these days for some.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not when you can still find the parts in yards for under $100. I would also question the source of those spindles...On an A-body you'd still need upper control arms and lower ball joints. The last set I got for free....

So you can find parts yard stuff for under $100.Are you going to use old rotors,old seals,old bearings,old calipers,old brake pads,old brake hoses and rusted dust shields ? Seems common sense is a thing of the past.

Actually I have been known to find BRAND NEW rotors with NEW bearings, but I do clean the parts. I usually don't get calipers (unless it's a package deal) because the yard cost for calipers plus the caliper kits can be higher than rebuilt calipers plus core.

From your post it seems the idea of rebuilding something might be a thing of the past... Some of us are NOT made of money and will rebuild parts to allow money to be spent on other parts of the car.

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 03:08 AM

I was unaware of The Speedway kit, that's pretty sweet, but when they say 11 inch rotors are they rounding up or down? I want to use the 11.75 rotors. Also are the calipers sliders or pin style? -BD

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 04:35 AM

10.95" rotors and slider calipers.

I will have an 11.75" version available in a few months.

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 05:04 AM

I've got the spindles and the 11.75 rotors also have a line on the caliper adapters. Anyone sell a kit with everything but these three things? -BD
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 02:04 PM

Quote:

I've got the spindles and the 11.75 rotors also have a line on the caliper adapters. Anyone sell a kit with everything but these three things? -BD

What more do you think you need ? bearings , seals and pads ? Local parts store for those.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/25/12 03:12 PM

Quote:

I was unaware of The Speedway kit, that's pretty sweet, but when they say 11 inch rotors are they rounding up or down? I want to use the 11.75 rotors. Also are the calipers sliders or pin style? -BD

We've had discussions on here before with regards to the advantage of the 11.75" rotors versus the 10.87" and the conclusion seems to be that the 11.75" really aren't worth the extra effort. There is no solid evidence they will improve stopping distance or take less effort or wear less that the 10.87". Having done the swap to 11.75", I would go with the 10.87" if I were doing it again.

$100. or less is a fair price for the 11.75" pin-style brackets and there is a member on here who seems to have them for sale every now and then.
Posted By: pa340dart

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/28/12 12:46 PM

About 5-6 years ago i bought a 73 duster for $50.00 (lucky) 6cyl auto
lady backed into pole center on trunk (1+ foot dent) bent frame (rocky ride home 100 + miles)
had lbt disc brake setup I installed everything on friends 67 cuda 6cyl column stick (had 9" drums) best thing since apple pie

deals are still out there but know what your looking for
Posted By: moparrulzzz

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/28/12 10:40 PM

I bought the "A" body spindles, 11.75 caliper bracket, for $75 here in the classified's and the rest of the needed parts were readily available parts store stuff.
Buddy of mine bought one on those I think SSBC kits, and wound up tossing it and went the route I did.
Do your home work and chase down the parts!!
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/29/12 12:06 AM

I bought my A-Body spindles here for $100, and the 11.75" pin style caliper adapters from the local Pull-n-Save for under $25. Just liked the idea of keeping it 100% Mopar, the parts weren't too hard to source, and love the thrill of the search.
Posted By: rustbuckett68

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/29/12 01:46 AM

Try 'Cordobas' and the equivalents for the 11.75. Seem to be common here.
Posted By: bfury

Re: Mopar Action Disc Brake Swap Hard To Find Parts - 06/29/12 06:02 PM

I bought the Speedway kit as soon as I saw it for my 63 Fury. Painted it, installed it and it works great and everyting is new. Cool.
© 2024 Moparts Forums