Moparts

Boost crowd, who's using water/methanol injection?

Posted By: todd440

Boost crowd, who's using water/methanol injection? - 11/01/08 06:56 PM

Which kit are you using for water injection? Also, are you using boost juice, washer solvent, or mixing your own? I've been looking at Snow Performance, because the one at the supercharger store is almost 800 bucks!
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Boost crowd, who's using water/methanol injection? - 11/01/08 07:01 PM

Spearco here (NOS stuff) .... works great ...is metered THREE ways ..... and is a HE!! of alot less than 800 beans !
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Boost crowd, who's using water/methanol injection? - 11/01/08 07:02 PM

I was going to use Snow on my next S/C application. Plus w/ meth/H2) no need for an inner-cooler
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Boost crowd, who's using water/methanol injection? - 11/01/08 09:47 PM

I use an old Varijection that I modified a bit for instant on under boost. I spray 50/50 isopropyl and water (less corrosive) onto the turbine inlet. Works great, I have been running it for over 20 years on the TT340.

I don't agree with the statement that water injection will negate the need or usefullness of an intercooler. They do some similar things, like cool the charge air, but the water and alcohol also displace air and can impede fuel vaporization. The best setup is to have just enough of the water injection to allow higher compression and boost levels, and do the rest of the cooling with an intercooler. I actually use very little water and probably don't go through 2 gallons a year in normal cruising with occasional romps.
Posted By: Mr440GSS

Re: Boost crowd, who's using water/methanol injection? - 11/02/08 04:22 PM

I am using the Supercharger Store kit with just regular window wash. Seems to work good, although , I don't have anything else to compare it to.

Attached picture 4787765-DSCN0288.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums