Moparts

Who has a Charger with a front spoiler?

Posted By: Kern Dog

Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/01/12 07:24 AM

I've seen pictures of a few 68-70 Chargers with aftermarket front spoilers and I'm thinking of getting one. Mr Angry has one on his 68 Charger, I think that it is from a 69 Camaro. The prices of those are pretty cheap too. Under $40 the last I heard.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/01/12 11:04 AM

I seen em...I'd love one as well...I have a 69 Camaro air dam bookmarked on my ebay
Posted By: Viol8r

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/01/12 05:14 PM

Quote:

I've seen pictures of a few 68-70 Chargers with aftermarket front spoilers and I'm thinking of getting one. Mr Angry has one on his 68 Charger, I think that it is from a 69 Camaro. The prices of those are pretty cheap too. Under $40 the last I heard.

We put that on Angry back in '03-'04 when it was built....proud to say that we were the first to do it.....anyway, it was a quick and easy modification.

Attached is the next one going on our car.

Attached picture 7231200-chargerfront-w-spoiler.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/01/12 05:19 PM

Quote:

I seen em...I'd love one as well...I have a 69 Camaro air dam bookmarked on my ebay

I bought one and it's not a bolt on. It will have to be modified....for a 70 anyway. I think some use one off a furd ranger as well

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/03/12 05:49 AM

Quote:

I bought one and it's not a bolt on. It will have to be modified....for a 70 anyway.

I bought the 69 Camaro spoiler yesterday. $37 with tax. It fits the contours of the valance, but the outer edges will need to be trimmed to fit around the bulges for the turn signals. There are 3 oval holes in the valance that will allow a means of attachment without drilling any holes. I'll just have to use fender washers to bridge the gap. I'm thinking of adding thin steel gussets to support the spoiler in case I happen to exceed the posted speed limits.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/03/12 06:01 AM

I have no idea how this business is, I just saved the link from another thread....

spoilers by randy

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/03/12 06:06 AM

That looks nice. I like it.
Posted By: Evil Monkey

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/03/12 07:55 AM

I installed one of Randy's spoilers on my Cuda a few months ago. I like it, the fit is good, and he shipped it out right away - it arrived less than a week after I ordered it. I was going to make my own, but his is pretty much exactly what I wanted for a front spoiler, and I seriously doubt I could have got a home-built spoiler to look as good.

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? *DELETED* *DELETED* - 06/07/12 06:57 AM

Post deleted by Frankenduster

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? *DELETED* - 06/07/12 06:59 AM

Post deleted by Frankenduster

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/07/12 07:03 AM

The ends seemed a little floppy, so I added support struts.

Attached picture 7239920-DSCN1395.JPG

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/07/12 07:05 AM

Pretty simple, really. I made them from 3/8" fuel line.

Attached picture 7239923-DSCN1396.JPG
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/07/12 06:06 PM

Quote:

Pretty simple, really. I made them from 3/8" fuel line.

Very clever. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Now, if he only made them for '71-'72 Road Runners...

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/09/12 09:52 AM

Heres a few pics. I need to get a few shots outdoors though...

Attached picture 7242679-DSCN1391.JPG

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/09/12 09:53 AM

Bugs view....

Attached picture 7242680-DSCN1392.JPG
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/09/12 02:26 PM

looks good might have to mock mine up this weekend. How much did you have to trim to clear the marker lights?

Re: Who has a Charger with a front spoiler? - 06/10/12 01:47 AM

The corners had to be cut...Probably the easiest way is to say is for you to look at a quarter and imagine about 40% of that. Not quite half. I can take a closer picture and post it tomorrow. I just touched mine against the stone wheel on the bench grinder until it fit.
© 2024 Moparts Forums