Moparts

leveling front of a 70 road runner

Posted By: 471b1dart

leveling front of a 70 road runner - 05/19/12 02:30 AM

is there some way to adjust the ride height of the front on my 70 road runner it sets about an inch or so lower on drivers side front than on the pass side front?? thanks for any help
Posted By: pacifica

Re: leveling front of a 70 road runner - 05/19/12 02:59 AM

The torsion bars are adjustable. Tighten the the bolt on the side you want to raise.
Posted By: 471b1dart

Re: leveling front of a 70 road runner - 05/19/12 12:28 PM

ok thanks , probable should have mentioned this is my first street mopar , not to familar with the front suspension , my other mopars were tube chassis drag cars
Posted By: jbc426

Re: leveling front of a 70 road runner - 05/20/12 12:57 AM

You'll find the torsion bar adjusting bolts on the of the bottom-side of the lower control arms. Wire brush the threads to clean them, soak them with penatrating oil/spray for a few days, and be sure to jack the front end up in the air before you start turning them.

Add a turn or two on the side of the car that's too low, then drive around the block and re-check. I measure from the fender opennings down on all four wheel opennings. Changing the pre-load on the fronts will affect the rear measurements and visa-versa.

You may have worn or broken suspension components too, so check everything out while you're under there. Lower ball joints take a beating on Mopars.
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: leveling front of a 70 road runner - 05/21/12 01:46 PM

Quote:

ok thanks , probable should have mentioned this is my first street mopar , not to familar with the front suspension , my other mopars were tube chassis drag cars

Do yourself a favor and buy a shop manual.
© 2024 Moparts Forums