Moparts

Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions

Posted By: 70 Roadrunner*

Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 12:22 AM

I'm wanting to put a new exhaust system on my 70 383 Roadrunner.Stock exhaust manifolds on right now and I'm keeping it that way but what's out there exhaust-wise and what company is good to order from?I'm sure you guys out there have more experience in this area than me.Looking for a 2 1/2 system front to back...further,would these systems have an H-pipe set-up?...thanks

Dave

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 05:27 AM

Anyone?...
Posted By: LYNCHROAD69.5

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 02:20 PM

Depending on what level of correctness you are looking for, the two companies (that I am aware of) that produce the most original stock exhausts are Accurate Exhaust and Gardner...be prepared to pay. I had never installed an exhaust and Accurates fit perfectly...installed in about 2 hours with their simple instructions. Great customer support at Accurate...can't speak for Gardner. Good luck
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 02:31 PM

383 would be individual pipes( no H-pipe)

I went with Dons Custom Exhaust for the H-pipe and tail pipes - per recomendations from several people.
And Accurate for the mufflers , hangers and tips( all 1969 Charger 440 btw)
I'll know in the next few weeks how the fit is
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 03:28 PM

If you want 2.5", then you clearly aren't looking for a correct exhaust. That being the case, I recommend TTI's 2.5" mandrel bent system with H pipe and the dynomax Ultraflows. The system isn't cheap, but it fits well and is easy to put on yourself. Performance is second to none and although sound is subjective, most seem to like it.

Heres a video clip of the aforementioned system on my 440-6 'Bee;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofma0go-jJk&feature=g-upl

Dave

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 04:00 PM

Dave thanks for the in-put (nice Bee by the way) and for some reason I figured I needed 2.50 exhaust.I guess the 2.25 factory set from Accurate will fit the bill just fine.The car is pretty much all stock anyways.I hope to make trip up to Kelowna for a few days around the end of June,Beggining of July.I've had my 70 R.R. for just over a year now and it's time to take her on a road trip.Doesn't get much better than Kelowna in the summer time...cheers

Dave
Posted By: Junky

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 07:40 PM

The people at Accurate Exhaust take pride in their product. Service is excellent too.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/09/12 08:01 PM

Quote:

Dave thanks for the in-put (nice Bee by the way) and for some reason I figured I needed 2.50 exhaust.I guess the 2.25 factory set from Accurate will fit the bill just fine.The car is pretty much all stock anyways.I hope to make trip up to Kelowna for a few days around the end of June,Beggining of July.I've had my 70 R.R. for just over a year now and it's time to take her on a road trip.Doesn't get much better than Kelowna in the summer time...cheers

Dave

No problem. If you feel like it, give me a when you're up: I'd love to see your car.

Dave

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/10/12 06:28 AM

Dave that's a done-deal...nice thing about my Roadrunner,plenty of trunk space for my golf clubs...man I love it up in Kelowna! I would trade the coast in a second...lol
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Best stock exhaust for a 70 Roadrunner...need opinions - 05/10/12 06:38 AM

I've got a lucrative career offer on the coast. Maybe we can trade houses. Hey, I live on a golf course.

Sheldon
© 2024 Moparts Forums