Moparts

Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems

Posted By: rickracer

Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 02:05 PM

We have a Super Gas Arrow with limited space to the hood. We did have a MP race distributor but it took a dump. MSD is a great distributor but it is too tall. Does anyone know a good billet race distributor that is no longer than 12" including the cap? Thanks.

Attached picture 7185629-Cecil2009.jpg
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 02:54 PM

Why can't you repair the MP distributer?

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 03:01 PM

The MP distributor is junk. I believe Accel makes it - and we have had trouble with it in the past. Looking for something new that will work for us. We have the spare in now - which is an older tach drive model.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 03:28 PM

Where are you getting your measuement? From the base to the cap or?
I thought the MSD was only about 11",I know the Firecore didstributors are basically the same height. The Firecore units are really nice,there are quite a few guys on here running them.
Keith

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 04:25 PM

The MSD deal is too tall coming out of the block - looks like the Firecore is the same length. Looking for a good race distributor that is not that long - I have seen Pertronix and the offset deal from Preditor but I don't know anything about those.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 05:10 PM

You might want to get ahold of Don Gould over at FBO then. I think he sells Pertronix and I know he works with MP distributors. He could probably tell you the differences in the two.
Keith
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 05:40 PM

Nice car..

Re: Mopar distributor - hood clearance problems - 04/30/12 06:20 PM

This is George's other car. 1963 Max Wedge 330 sedan.

Attached picture 7185923-DSC_0174.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums