Moparts

Edelbrock retaining clips

Posted By: cdstl

Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 02:38 PM

Where do you find those small retaining clips for an Edelbrock carb? I am talking about the ones that would the linkage together at the power valve.

I haven't lost one YET, but almost.

Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 03:24 PM

If you mean the real thin circular wire clips that hold the top L bend of the metering rod to the piston, an eddy strip kit or an OE afb/avs

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 03:33 PM

They are the 3 clips located in the left side of the picture.

Thanks

Attached picture 7164433-$(KGrHqR,!g4E8rVqQ7,lBPQ-MQTmzQ~~60_1.JPG

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 03:41 PM

Oh those, Yes the rebuild kit will have em. I need a S clip like in the bottom of the pic. Got an extra?

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 04:30 PM

I got nothin', sorry. I was hoping to find these little dudes somewhere before I lost one without having to buy a kit. I haven't checked the hardware stores yet.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 07:19 PM

Quote:

Oh those, Yes the rebuild kit will have em. I need a S clip like in the bottom of the pic. Got an extra?

I have a spare S rod from an old eddie/carter carb,you can have it, shoot me your addy.

Last eddie rebuild kit I got did not have those in it. I need a couple myself. it has never come apart with out them,but I like to have them in case.

You may find some E clips/hairpins at the hardware store or in the eddie catalog
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 07:24 PM

Quote:

I got nothin', sorry. I was hoping to find these little dudes somewhere before I lost one without having to buy a kit. I haven't checked the hardware stores yet.

That's where I'd start. Don't go to the big box stores, but instead go to Ace or True Value. Ask for help. Those guys are usually very good at what they do. Hillman, or National, witch ever vender they are using carries these, and several other clips.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 07:30 PM

Quote:

RR , I should have one , on a parts carb .

Re: Edelbrock retaining clips - 04/14/12 07:34 PM

I believe I found one on a parts carb. Thanks guys
© 2024 Moparts Forums