Moparts

Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads???

Posted By: Madness

Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads??? - 10/26/08 03:10 PM

Time to winterize the hot rod. What is correct to use in a B engine with stock radiator, aluminum water pump & housing, & aluminum Eddy heads?
Posted By: Youngblood

Re: Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads??? - 10/26/08 03:51 PM

You can use any type with aluminum, just have to change it more frequently. If you are going to change it every winter, as you say, you have nothing to worry about. Mix 50/50 with DISTILLED water. That is a nice looking car
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads??? - 10/26/08 04:05 PM

Since 1971 there have been any number of imports with aluminum heads and using "regular" antifreeze with no problems. Datsuns, Toyotas, and more have had no corrosion problems. So it isn't necessary to use a special antifreeze unless the manuffacturer wanted to go fancy, and those experiments haven't been that successful.

I'd go to Wal-Mart and buy Prestone's "all engines" stuff, it's from a reputable company and you can find it everywhere. Job done.

R.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads??? - 10/26/08 04:13 PM

The new style global works well with any car.thats pretty much all we use at work and I use it with my aluminum headed 440.Just dont use DexCool.Rocky
Posted By: cupcake

Re: Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads??? - 10/26/08 10:02 PM

is that madness as in top fuel hydro
Posted By: Madness

Re: Correct antifreeze with aluminum heads??? - 10/27/08 06:28 PM

No fulie hydro in my past. I ran a '63 aluminum max wedge dodge superstocker in the late 60's & early 70's out of Amarillo, Texas. It was called "MADNESS" & our '69 Hurst AMX superstocker was called "MADNESS II"
© 2024 Moparts Forums