Moparts

Mopar Marine conversion kits

Posted By: FastOne

Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 04:50 AM

is there a company or anyone else that makes marine conversion kits for either small or big block Mopar?

thanx
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 04:55 AM

I don't think anyone sells complete kits. What parts are you looking for? Basically what you need are the water cooled manifolds unless it's something like a drag jet boat. Brass freeze plugs, water pump that's okay for water-only, marine type starter, alternator, carb, distributor. Flywheel, old bell housing or a plate to mount your starter to and the coupler that mounts on your flywheel to accept you drive's input shaft.

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 05:25 AM

ok, water cooled manifold would be a good start to suit LA, I REALLY don't want to go with a Chevy

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 07:13 AM

Barr Marine
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 09:20 AM

The manifolds are out there. I think they retail between 200-400 bucks a piece depending on brand, retailer, etc.

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 10:10 AM

yep, I'm feeling more confident now, will be interesting to see how a 408 goes on the water, feel sorry for the guy on the Ski's

thanx
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 03:03 PM

You do realize that engine power band and rpm need to be matched to boat load and propeller pitch/diameter?
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 03:34 PM

OSCO Marine in PA..www. osco motors.com..Fax 215-822-5394 ,.1800-7626726I have used them for years ,,they have everything you need ...ask for their catalog..
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 05:01 PM

Glenwood Marine has a good selection a BB Chrysler parts for marine use. Aluminum front cover/mount and rear bell/mount will save weight over the OEM Chrysler Marine stuff. Their aluminum exhaust manifolds and risers will cut about 75 lbs of weight over the OEM iron parts.
It's marine parts, expect to pay. OSCO replacement iron manifolds and risers are ~$750, the Glenwood pieces will be ~$1500.

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 04/01/12 11:19 PM

Thanks for all of the info gentlemen, I have a big block here, with alloy manifolds & alloy heads I'd think it will make a pretty good Ski boat

Is anyone running a big block speed boat?
Posted By: HemiExpress

Re: Mopar Marine conversion kits - 11/19/12 10:00 PM

I have a complete setup off of a 426 wedge marine motor. Pulled it out of a running boat complete with the Velvet drive. If your interested in it let me know.
© 2024 Moparts Forums