Moparts

B-body Exhaust

Posted By: DUFFMAN

B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 12:29 AM

I have a 1968 Plymouth B-body with a big block that needs an exhaust. Does anyone make an off the shelf system I can order that will work with the factory hi-po manifolds besides a $1000 "factory correct" one?

I'm looking for something for a driver.
Posted By: Dr-Dave2

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 02:13 AM

TTI has H pipe mandrel bent 2.5" system with 20"Long Dyno-max super turbos. Still not cheap..Mancini sells for $620
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 02:15 AM

Seller on ebay HEMIEDDY has the front stock pipes with cross over very resonable. Most any parts store can get you tail pipes. Summit has them also.
Posted By: kilroy

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 02:38 AM

Summit and Jegs sell very reasonably priced pipes, but most kits are for headers so youll have to have manifold pipes made.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 12:13 PM

Not sure why, but I never thought to look on eBay. This looks like the ticket;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Mopar-B...r#ht_608wt_1270
Posted By: MoparKansas

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 04:11 PM

Doesn't say pipe diameter in that auction or did I miss it? Looks kinda small from the pics?

Nice price though. I used TTI on my challenger and it fit like a glove. If you buy the ebay stuff let us know how it fits.
Posted By: herkamer

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 04:19 PM

I personally would be hesitant looking at his feeedback. I never buy anything from someone with that much feedback and at 97%.

Year one is 749ish, but take 30% off and it becomes fairly reasonable. Shipping on any system is the killer.

FINAL12 is the discount code for this weekend
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 04:28 PM

TTI 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflo's; not the cheapest but you won't be dissappointed. Bolts up to the HP manifolds and fits perfectly. Sound is great and you've left NO horsepower on the table.

If you want to hear; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofma0go-jJk&feature=g-upl&context=G24cba98AUAAAAAAAAAA

Dave
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 04:29 PM

Have you considered site sponsor Accurate Exhaust Products? They do currently list a 10% off sale. Looks like you'd be at around $648.00 if you go all the way with repo chrome tips out the back. The thing I like about Accurate is they have various Mopar test fit cars in which they test fit every kit prior to selling so the fit will be as close as possible.

I doubt corvettec5dude with his half price kit on eBay will come that close, but who knows?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 04:54 PM

Quote:

TTI 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflo's; not the cheapest but you won't be dissappointed. Bolts up to the HP manifolds and fits perfectly. Sound is great and you've left NO horsepower on the table.

If you want to hear; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofma0go-jJk&feature=g-upl&context=G24cba98AUAAAAAAAAAA

Dave

Nice ! I was wondering if the car was moving by itself at first ? ...

Was that before the CHRISTINE incident or after ?
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 05:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

One thing is for sure. There's not many things that make a grown man giggle like a giddy school girl than tire burn out.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

Before; notice it actually has a nice N96 hood in that video!

Actually I took delivery of my freshly painted "Hood #2" last week and just have to bolt it on; so now with my freshly (again) rebuilt 727, "Christine" is almost ready for round two!

Dave

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 10:30 PM

Quote:

Have you considered site sponsor Accurate Exhaust Products? They do currently list a 10% off sale. Looks like you'd be at around $648.00 if you go all the way with repo chrome tips out the back. The thing I like about Accurate is they have various Mopar test fit cars in which they test fit every kit prior to selling so the fit will be as close as possible.

The last "custom" system I had bent locally only cost $450, but I was hoping to avoid having to load up the car and haul it to the exhaust shop this time.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 10:41 PM

Quote:

Doesn't say pipe diameter in that auction or did I miss it? Looks kinda small from the pics?

I sent the seller a message asking about diameter, material, and what mufflers are included. We'll see what they say.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/30/12 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The last "custom" system I had bent locally only cost $450, but I was hoping to avoid having to load up the car and haul it to the exhaust shop this time.

OK, last time I'll try to sell you on this idea but the TTI stuff is mandrel bent, 16ga aluminized tubing and is $538.00 (not incl mufflers, $620.00 with). You tell them the casting numbers on your manifolds and they ensure you get exactly what you need...EASY install in your own shop and you end up with a much better system for not much more $$$

that ebay linked system is certainly compression bent, no idea how or if it fits, etc. etc.

Dave

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 01:28 AM

The $450 I spent last time was installed with mufflers. That was in 2008, so it probably wouldn't cost much more. It's just the hassle of loading up the car and hauling it there to have it installed.
Posted By: 383man

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 04:53 AM

I use the complete TTI system with an X-pipe. Its a 3" system with 2" TTI headers. Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIM2HLaOI4&feature=related
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 05:04 AM

DPelletier nice video, I also purchased the TTI 2.5 x pipe kit that bolts to the stock manifolds. I had to fight with the fit a bit but in the end it worked out great. Not cheap but worth it.
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 05:08 AM

In a previous life, I worked for a government contractor. We had a running joke there; "There's never enough money to do it right, but there's always enough money to do it over."

Just get the TTI setup; you won't be sorry.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 06:24 AM

I just bought one for a 69 Charger project.
I was very impressed by the mufflers, which have the B body ding in the corner for clearance.
Mufflers were Maremont.
Pipes look like stock diameter. I havent installed yet, but it looks nicely done. Shipping cost was decent.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 12:59 PM

I took another look at TTI's website. I noticed the systems include the tailpipe and muffler hangers. That's worth at least $110 by itself. I do already have the tailpipe hangers installed on the car, but I don't have the muffler hangers yet. I was waiting to order them until I knew what diameter pipe I was going to install.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 01:18 PM

Here is pypes

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-SMB10/ $269

here is summit

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-680141-NM/ $259

both mandrel bent, pypes only offers 2.5, but they do offer head pipes for exhaust manifolds.

I plan on buy the summit next year.

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 05:51 PM

Quote:

pypes only offers 2.5, but they do offer head pipes for exhaust manifolds.

Do you have a link to the down/head pipes? This is all I found on their website, nothing for Mopar;
http://www.pypesexhaust.com/downpipes.html
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: B-body Exhaust - 03/31/12 06:16 PM

Those pipes from Summit are for headers not stock manifolds

Re: B-body Exhaust - 04/02/12 01:23 AM

Crap, I swear I saw the kit. But I cant come up with it now, ive been researching this myself, hmm.....
Posted By: MoparKansas

Re: B-body Exhaust - 04/04/12 05:02 AM

I emailed pypes direct about a system to the manifolds and they didn't have it. One more vote for Tti here. Very ready system to install in your garage.
Posted By: rapom

Re: B-body Exhaust - 04/04/12 12:25 PM

I put the Summit system on my 68 charger. It fits with a lot of tweeking. TTI sounds like the better deal if there is no tweeking involved.
© 2024 Moparts Forums