Moparts

Cherry Bomb Turbos

Posted By: CUDAJAS

Cherry Bomb Turbos - 03/28/12 03:57 PM

Anyone running Cheery Bomb Turbos.

I am looking to quite my smallblock down. I am running the turbos that came with the thrush exahuast system and they are kinda loud.

Jason
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: Cherry Bomb Turbos - 03/28/12 04:47 PM

a friend has them on his /6 coronet w/ headers/2" duals. they are the small bodied mufflers. they sound good, not to loud at all, no droneing either. i have 2 sets taking up room here if you are interested. 2.5"large bodied and 2.25" small bodied. pm me if your interested.
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: Cherry Bomb Turbos - 03/28/12 06:40 PM

There was a Cherry bomb turbo on my new Valiant, a 2" in/out, surprisingly quiet, especially considering there is nothing after the muffler!
Posted By: CUDAJAS

Re: Cherry Bomb Turbos - 03/30/12 01:54 AM

Quote:

a friend has them on his /6 coronet w/ headers/2" duals. they are the small bodied mufflers. they sound good, not to loud at all, no droneing either. i have 2 sets taking up room here if you are interested. 2.5"large bodied and 2.25" small bodied. pm me if your interested.

Hmm, that sounds (pun intended).

I am assuming the large body mufflers would be quieter???
Posted By: funkyjbp

Re: Cherry Bomb Turbos - 03/30/12 02:13 PM

i have them on my 77 truck with a crossover/x pipe right before them. they sound a little like glasspacks and back-rap too much for me, they are quiet and sound good though in normal driving. With a mild 360 going in, the muffler shop said they will sound better. if i still have the back-rapping, i am pulling them off. just my two cents. Jp in the land of Oz.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Cherry Bomb Turbos - 03/30/12 02:25 PM

Walker makes a "Tuff Turbo" that looks just like a glass-pack from the outside but is baffled internally. They sound decent. We used them alot on dual exhaust jobs. They also make an all welded muffler that you could put at the back in the stock location. Those should flow pretty well, have a nice sound to them, but be quieter then the Tuff Turbos.
© 2024 Moparts Forums